Can You Recommend a Data Feed, Charting Software & Broker?

This is a discussion on Can You Recommend a Data Feed, Charting Software & Broker? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by DayTradingGuide With regard to choosing a day trading brokerage, there are several factors that should be involved ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 15, 2008, 1:12pm   #9
Joined Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayTradingGuide View Post
With regard to choosing a day trading brokerage, there are several factors that should be involved in your decision. Some of the most useful factors are as follows:

Do they offer all of the markets that you are interested in trading?
Are they a direct access brokerage (i.e. they offer electronic access to the exchanges) or a traditional brokerage (i.e. with a manual trading desk)?
Do they charge additional fees for their trading software, and if so, is it worth the additional fees?
Does their trading software support all of the features that you require (such as a programming interface, for creating custom indicators, or for automating trading)?
Are they reliable, and how can they be contacted when they do experience problems (all brokerages do from time to time)?

These are just some of the questions that need to be answered when choosing a day trading brokerage. It is not yet a comprehensive list, but my profiles of some of the most popular day trading brokerages may be able to help you make a decision.

Adam Milton
Hi Adam,
The info on brokeradges is very interesting but they require large deposits and do not take trades like ig index, capital, etc , for day trading spread bettors. Do you have any info or resourse for these type of trading firms.

Croman
24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2008, 7:02pm   #10

1 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
hello guys,

nice to be here.. i am an aspired options trader, and hopely i could finance my post-grad studies within 1 yr.. my goal is to get USD66K.

still reparing my loss now..
quick_bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 2:00pm   #11
Joined Jun 2008
Some long-term day traders have used Tradestation, but I checked out www.Kreslik.com and I see that some of those long-timers switched over to Neoticker for greater freedom to choose their datafeeds, solid customer support, etc. I don't use either because I'm using my bank to trade right now, but I'm continuing to read and assess and then I'll choose one. One of the long-timers has a book out called The Buy Zone for Dummies by The Rumpled One (Avery Horton). This book is about Forex trading. My advice is to search for as much info as possible about the company you intend to choose (Look for reviews, etc.) - You don't want to get locked in only to find out the provider has nil-to-poor service - Too frustrating for a newbie.
Tradez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2008, 8:06am   #12

Joined Jun 2008
Spread Betting Companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by croman View Post
The info on brokeradges is very interesting but they require large deposits and do not take trades like ig index, capital, etc , for day trading spread bettors. Do you have any info or resourse for these type of trading firms.Croman
I do not have any information about specific spread betting companies myself, but there are many spread betting traders on T2W, so hopefully somebody should be able to offer you some good advice.

Adam Milton
DayTradingGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2008, 1:42pm   #13
Joined Jun 2008
Here is another suggestion - ProTrader — Trading platform for Forex, Stocks, Options and Futures. Market-making and STP. Scripting language
Just click on Trader's Site. They have real-time and end-of-day software. Multiple datafeeds to choose from. I'm blown away! You can create your own indicators and strategies as well!
Old Aug 6, 2008, 3:00pm   #14
Joined Jun 2008
I found pfsoft.com - European - beautiful! You don't get locked into just one broker - You can choose your own. You can create your own indicators and strategies. They've got real-time and end-of-day choices of software! Here's an article on them via Reuters: Technology Licensing Agreements Concluded for Integration of ProTrader and MetaTrader... | Reuters
Old Nov 7, 2008, 1:58pm   #15

Joined Oct 2008
I am currently using a demo of Sierra Charts with Infinity Platform/Data. Everything is going well so far.

Cheers
JWG
Old Nov 9, 2008, 4:10pm   #16

1 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
In these troubled times shouldn't we be looking for a broker who will still be around in a couple of months. I guess we will forget very quickly about service and fees when your principal is gone.

Just a thought

Good luck all

Den
Denby45 is offline   Reply With Quote