Is There a Strategy or System that I should Use and where Can I Find it?

This is a discussion on Is There a Strategy or System that I should Use and where Can I Find it? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; u can trade "ANY" ideas about market ,as long as u know the fact that entry points is not important ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:24am   #17

Joined Jan 2013
Re: Is There a Strategy or System that I should Use and where Can I Find it?

u can trade "ANY" ideas about market ,as long as u know the fact that entry points is not important and most important thing is exit points.so with this in mind there is no preference of elliot wave to any oscilator based strategy or... . as long as u can cut your losses short and let your profits run almost "EVERY" system or idea is tadeable

Last edited by timsk; Apr 9, 2013 at 11:01am. Reason: Monthly housekeeping (Typo)
Commodity_Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: D70
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:17am   #18
WR1
Joined Mar 2012

what happens if you stuff you re entry on every trade?
average down ?
loose ?

if your stopped out every trade as you stuffed the entry, whats the point of an exit?

besides entry always comes before exit
unless your walking backwards

get the entry at least nr right and you make something - a good exit just means more

personally as i see more nonsense in the market - its risk 1st (stop)
then entry
then exit

the statement that the exits more important than entry has to be one of the silliest banded around
much like risk on risk off - another i really don't like
the markets are always damn risky
WR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 7:20am   #19

Joined Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR1 View Post
what happens if you stuff you re entry on every trade?
average down ?
loose ?

if your stopped out every trade as you stuffed the entry, whats the point of an exit?

besides entry always comes before exit
unless your walking backwards

get the entry at least nr right and you make something - a good exit just means more

personally as i see more nonsense in the market - its risk 1st (stop)
then entry
then exit

the statement that the exits more important than entry has to be one of the silliest banded around
much like risk on risk off - another i really don't like
the markets are always damn risky
the top traders win rate is less than 40 % , sometimes even less than 40 % .so it means that even a best system entry point is valid "LESS" than random ! which is 50 %.
as in the book named " trade your way to financial freedom" one of future top traders (i think ed seykota) had an experiment which entered market by throwing a coin (toss)! but trailed s.l and had clear exits and he was sucessful .
even in my own trading my entries is not much more better than random ( and i think there is no one who claims that have best entries, what matters is exit points (sl + profit taking ) . i think it is not silly .
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:28am   #20
D70
Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodity_Trader View Post
the top traders win rate is less than 40 % , sometimes even less than 40 % .so it means that even a best system entry point is valid "LESS" than random ! which is 50 %.
as in the book named " trade your way to financial freedom" one of future top traders (i think ed seykota) had an experiment which entered market by throwing a coin (toss)! but trailed s.l and had clear exits and he was sucessful .
even in my own trading my entries is not much more better than random ( and i think there is no one who claims that have best entries, what matters is exit points (sl + profit taking ) . i think it is not silly .
It's circa 40% because they are trying to hit greater than 1 to 1, risk to reward no?
D70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:11pm   #21

Joined Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by D70 View Post
It's circa 40% because they are trying to hit greater than 1 to 1, risk to reward no?
if hit rate is 40 % and in real world even much more less . especially in trend following hit rate is near 20- 30 % .(cuz statistically markets are range 70 % of time and have trend only 30 % of times) .the key is that in that 30% of times they have profits much more than they loose in that 70 % . for example in each loss trade they loose "R" but in each profit trade they gain "6*R". so (0.3*6*R) - ( 0.7*R )
would result in a positive expectancy .

the reason i say the best entries are not much more better than random is in this fact that 70 % of times market is in range bound mode .
Old Jul 20, 2013, 2:43pm   #22
Joined May 2013

Certainly there are strategies listed on web and you may find the one which suits your trading and portfolio and start trading with it. First always test on demo and then try it in live if profitable.
Babyblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: alphadude
Old Jul 31, 2013, 3:32pm   #23

Joined Apr 2010

agree with babyblush; there are profitable strategies on books / web.

of course you will need to do some tweaking to make it work for you.
alphadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:55pm   #24
Joined May 2013

@alphadude,

Yes traders need to look into the websites properly for finding the suitable strategy according to their trading style.
Babyblush is offline   Reply With Quote