Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course?

This is a discussion on Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by tar No i get that but you wont be asking money for your time as a mentor ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:22pm   #33
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
No i get that but you wont be asking money for your time as a mentor ... or at least it wont be your main concern ... otherwise it wont be called giving .
so whats your point about mentoring ?
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:25pm   #34
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
a very large generalisation there N. Some of us have the desire and motivation to succeed. There were no mentors in my field that helped me along the way. If anything there were many who said i could never do it.
Sure I had people to look up to, to aspire to, but they would never have known it.
fair comment M .........

but would you call yourself in the top 1% of traders worth multi-millions ? ........My comment with respect is talking about people at the top of their profession requiring mentoring to get/stay there

none of us at T2win are in that league I suspect

N
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:28pm   #35
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
so whats your point about mentoring ?
If you are a really good trader you wont be mentoring for the money ...
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:33pm   #36
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Anyway the question is can a trader become fully successful from mentoring ? The answer is no , may improve a bit yes ofcourse , but to turn into a really good trader no . Trading is a journey that lasts for years - lifetime - and the learning process never ends , the mentor wont always be there for you , its not practical .
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:05pm   #37

Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
fair comment M .........

but would you call yourself in the top 1% of traders worth multi-millions ? ........My comment with respect is talking about people at the top of their profession requiring mentoring to get/stay there

none of us at T2win are in that league I suspect

N
not in trading no, but am I am in the top 1% of my field yes. And no mentoring got me here. just dedication and perseverance. I'm generalising here of course if I say that if it can be done in one field, then it could be done others
I have my methodology so its just time for me to reach a level of success, but needless to say it won't be in a top 1% but success is relative imo
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:51pm   #38
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
If you are a really good trader you wont be mentoring for the money ...
apologies if somewhere here in the midst this was the point of the thread ...........I thought it was just about chosing to mentor people

cheers
N
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:52pm   #39
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
not in trading no, but am I am in the top 1% of my field yes. And no mentoring got me here. just dedication and perseverance. I'm generalising here of course if I say that if it can be done in one field, then it could be done others
I have my methodology so its just time for me to reach a level of success, but needless to say it won't be in a top 1% but success is relative imo
awe M ........not even a little help in the closet over the years ?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 5:52pm   #40
Joined Oct 2009
Inspiration and motivation - they don't even need to be trading related, they don't need to be paid for, and they may not even know the role they are playing
( mentors that is).

The hunger must come from the individual, first and foremost.
wallstreetwarrior87 is offline   Reply With Quote