Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course?

This is a discussion on Can You Recommend a Mentor, Coach or Trading Course? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Brumby I completely agree with your view provided you are trading FX and not stocks. I had ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:36pm   #81
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
I completely agree with your view provided you are trading FX and not stocks. I had to re-tool my whole trading approach to FX once I understood how institutional traders were approaching it. The problem I think is because most trading books are written by retail traders. Basically retail traders approach from the premise of "how" and not "why" in positioning trades.
Do you still trade stocks?

Technical analysis is an easy sell and with more options than there are numbers in the lottery it is like a rabbit hole without an end. Once you enter you are doomed. I don't know other markets well enough to comment outside of understanding correlation and its importance to understanding why fx might be moving in the absence of data releases or an obvious sentiment.
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:03pm   #82
Joined May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Do you still trade stocks?
I don't trade stocks anymore. I have a stock portfolio as part of my retirement account but those are investments not speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Technical analysis is an easy sell and with more options than there are numbers in the lottery it is like a rabbit hole without an end. Once you enter you are doomed. I don't know other markets well enough to comment outside of understanding correlation and its importance to understanding why fx might be moving in the absence of data releases or an obvious sentiment.
There is a place for technical analysis if it is used correctly. I spent 15 years of my life learning it.

In my view, combining fundamentals and technical work better with FX rather than stocks. With FX, there is only a small universe of Central banks with scheduled news and economic releases. Once you are grounded on the nature of the game, the sentiment and fundamental drivers are more readable. With stocks the universe is too big. Also in FX, the correlation with news is more direct and immediate.
Brumby is offline   Reply With Quote