Nature Vs Nurture – are Good Traders Born or Made?

This is a discussion on Nature Vs Nurture – are Good Traders Born or Made? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Some people just cannot do it. So i guess it's both....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:29pm   #33
Joined Oct 2014
Some people just cannot do it. So i guess it's both.
arigoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:10pm   #34
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
trading is addictive ............as the hotel California song says

you can check out .......but you can never leave
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:11pm   #35
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious P.I.P. View Post
Whilst hotly contested this has been put to the test on more than a couple of occasions. This was of course what inspired Richard Dennis in the 80's with his "Turtles" experiment - he certainly proved that it can be taught in my eyes.

More recently there was also a documentary called million dollar traders (on youtube) which lex van damme and that anton bloke did. Think they lost money overall but they didnt have any prior experience and think they said towards the end that the pro's lost more as it was during the crisis. Well worth a watch in case you havent seen it!
crisis = more money to be made ?........

that anton should stick to dancing on BBC's strictly ...........
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:05pm   #36

9 Posts
Joined Jun 2015
Ha you're not wrong there! Although he seems to be busy selling his courses at the moment. I got an email the other day talking about a seminar in Australia, and then another in Singapore - that guy gets around! Has anyone here been to one? I also see that lex has a course too, looks like the website has changed recently

Get on your dancing shooooes!
Notorious P.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:16pm   #37
jsc
Joined Feb 2006
Good traders are usually psychopaths.

That's a fact. Look it up.
jsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:50pm   #38

Joined Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc View Post
Good traders are usually psychopaths.

That's a fact. Look it up.

That is true, to some extent -- if you read up on history of really great traders.
Geniuses in every field have very active minds/personalities....that's why they may not seem 'normal'.
I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too, as that saying goes. Everything's got a price.

Great traders, like every other field, are naturally made for it...are gifted. it's their Destiny.

Last edited by lawrence-lugar; Jul 2, 2015 at 8:01pm.
lawrence-lugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:56pm   #39
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamacia_Inn View Post
I liked this post showing my respect for a fellow trader. I did point out to him that I think he is a dcki in real life so if I get banned it shows his emotional weakness.
He cannot ban you, however I can but I may just ban Tytus_Barnowl instead.
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:16am   #40
Joined May 2015
Well I read Reminiscences of Stock Operator when I was about 12 years old and was immediately hooked on trading. It sounded like an exciting way to earn money.

Unfortuantely I lost a lot of money. I had some nice wins but overall I probably lost. If you add on the expenses of trading I lost my shirt.

I am still around here trying to figure out how to win.

Trading is easy. Winning is my problem.
Jingles is offline   Reply With Quote