Nature Vs Nurture – are Good Traders Born or Made?

This is a discussion on Nature Vs Nurture – are Good Traders Born or Made? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; This will be an ever ending debate between the good traders and those who are losing always in the forex ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 22, 2013, 7:00pm   #17
Joined May 2013
Re: Nature Vs Nurture – are Good Traders Born or Made?

This will be an ever ending debate between the good traders and those who are losing always in the forex market. Well my opinion is that we can develop ourselves to be good traders because its all in the human mindset.
Babyblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 9:49am   #18
Joined Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblush View Post
This will be an ever ending debate between the good traders and those who are losing always in the forex market. Well my opinion is that we can develop ourselves to be good traders because its all in the human mindset.
Well said. Find the faults in yourself, find a strategy that holds them in check whilst you are trading then learn the mechanics of trading until it becomes second nature.:th umbsup:
Lax_Van_Dumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2013, 1:32am   #19
Joined Jan 2013

There are people who are definitely born to never trade unless they are determined to do serious damage to their financial well-being.

Anybody else stands a chance to develop as a trader, some better, other worse.

I don't think we are really born to be anything in particular.
small_beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: peakoil
Old May 24, 2013, 9:29am   #20
Joined Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by small_beer View Post
I don't think we are really born to be anything in particular.
Many traders start thinking too highly of themselves and get wiped out. The really great ones know their limitations and the faults they were BORN with.

Last edited by timsk; Jul 8, 2013 at 4:23pm. Reason: Monthly housekeeping
Lax_Van_Dumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:54am   #21
Joined Apr 2013

Good traders are not by birth they make them self expert in trading with hard work . It is true that some born qualities help us to make successful trading . Such type of people understand trading aspects quickly than other traders. passion, patience and practice with hard work is the necessary item to develop our natural abilities.
resistance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:24am   #22

Joined Dec 2008
Made, although like all things in life, some people have an aptitude, some don't and everybody else sits somewhere in between......
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:33am   #23
Joined Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
Made, although like all things in life, some people have an aptitude, some don't and everybody else sits somewhere in between......
That's heartening for those of us yet to fulfill the higher levels of the art, but makes me wonder if there isn't a way to test aptitude - not just for trading, but for any endeavour.

I presume there must have been at least one attempt in the past to subject professional (successful!) traders to some form of psychological-emotional-cultural-social assessment and determine what, if any, traits the majority had in common.
Purple Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2013, 7:52am   #24

Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Brain View Post
That's heartening for those of us yet to fulfill the higher levels of the art, but makes me wonder if there isn't a way to test aptitude - not just for trading, but for any endeavour.

I presume there must have been at least one attempt in the past to subject professional (successful!) traders to some form of psychological-emotional-cultural-social assessment and determine what, if any, traits the majority had in common.
Most of the attributes that make for success are counter-intuitive and contrary to normal/socially conventional behaviours. Therefore I believe that success rates are largely a function of (a) will to succeed and (b) ability to change some intrinsic and many learnt behaviours that cause problems.