Nature Vs Nurture – are Good Traders Born or Made?

This is a discussion on Nature Vs Nurture – are Good Traders Born or Made? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; like anything in life Sucessful Trading is a combination of many things Raw Talent - ( read the stuff on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:19am   #9
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Re: Nature Vs Nurture – are Good Traders Born or Made?

like anything in life Sucessful Trading is a combination of many things

Raw Talent - ( read the stuff on Strengthfinder by tom Rath)
Learning / Coaching / Mentoring (demand the best)
Experience (10,000+ hours)

and you will be a sucessful trader

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2012, 9:28am   #10

Joined Nov 2009

Made for certain..I taught my mrs a system that in her hands was profitable as she followed all the rules. I would always anticipate, disregard the rules, and would never be as successful. Like they say a winning system in the wrong hands will be useless.
So now all I need to do is reconcile in my own mind that i can devise a good system, but I'll not make a good trader..ouch
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:11am   #11
Joined Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
Made for certain..I taught my mrs a system that in her hands was profitable as she followed all the rules. I would always anticipate, disregard the rules, and would never be as successful. Like they say a winning system in the wrong hands will be useless.
So now all I need to do is reconcile in my own mind that i can devise a good system, but I'll not make a good trader..ouch
If you can't reconcile in your mind then you won't, if you can then you will. Trading, just like EVERYTHING else , is all about the mind, how it is wired and how much you know about rewiring it.

If you don't know how to rewire it then there are certain pathways specific to a specific task will not be easily developed.
Billy Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:29am   #12

Joined Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Gates View Post
If you can't reconcile in your mind then you won't, if you can then you will. Trading, just like EVERYTHING else , is all about the mind, how it is wired and how much you know about rewiring it.

If you don't know how to rewire it then there are certain pathways specific to a specific task will not be easily developed.
That's where screen time comes in. The mind can rewire itself to survive in the circumstances it must cope with. Takes time
natureboy is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2012, 2:06pm   #13
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
Definition of sucessful Trading......

be smart enough to build a profitable system ........then dumb enough to follow it blindly

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 3:59pm   #14
Joined Oct 2012

Definitely made, but it'll depend on a lot of things, possibly even from a young age as to whether someone will make a good trader, although a lot can be taught too.
Aesop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:14am   #15

Joined Jan 2013

i think they are made, it's all about how can someone tolerate pain of learning this route.with practice a difficult matter turn into an easy case over time,
Commodity_Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 7:29pm   #16
Joined Apr 2011

If we believe that great traders are born and not made , then it is only a matter of evaluating our own position to decide whether one should continue in this pursuit.

If trading success for those that believe this has not been reached within a reasonable amount of time, then doesn't it make sense to stop now and find another career path?
Billy Gates is offline   Reply With Quote