Traders from Ireland?

This is a discussion on Traders from Ireland? within the Meetups forums, part of the Trading Career category; Any other traders from Ireland here? I know we are a rare breed but you never can tell... Galway here ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:16am   #1
Joined Aug 2002
Traders from Ireland?

Any other traders from Ireland here? I know we are a rare breed but you never can tell...

Galway here and trade US stocks
Niall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2004, 11:25am   #2
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
A quick search on members' locations reveals there are 60 traders who have specified ireland in their location. This isn't a facility that's currently available for members to use, but is scheduled as an upgrade. Unfortunately our postcode powered 'Trader Locator' only extends as far at the UK, and not Southern Ireland.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:10pm   #3
Joined Aug 2002
Niall started this thread Thanks Paul thats great to know.. quite a few in fact!
Maybe some of them will notice this thread over time..

The lack of a dreaded postcode cropped up so often for me in online forms that failed to complete I ended up doing the only logical thing and invented my own! So you are welcome to add me with that if you like.. its "1NA" which I thought most appropiate and works a treat.. lol

Maybe other ireland based traders might like to invent their own too and then maybe the trader locator might work?

Nope.. just tried that.. the UK is still not officially recognising me! Oh well...
Old Jul 24, 2004, 7:57pm   #4

2 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Traders from Ireland

Rolling here live in Belfast and Trade US stocks.
rolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 2:29pm   #5
Joined Jul 2004
howdy Niall, john here from kildare.
john5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 5:57pm   #6
Joined Oct 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall
Any other traders from Ireland here? I know we are a rare breed but you never can tell...

Galway here and trade US stocks
Niall, kinda off topic but is broadband available throughout the country?

Hugh
Hughmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2004, 5:37pm   #7
Joined Aug 2002
Niall started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmac
Niall, kinda off topic but is broadband available throughout the country?

Hugh
Not likely Hugh.. if only! lol They are rolling it out at the speed of a slow slug and now available in several cities, altho not even all of galway yet which is plain nuts.. more broadband in malaya than ireland..

I am informed by eircom engineers also, that despite their claims, eircom have no intention on EVER cabling up local exchanges with less than their secret threshold of subscribers.. maybe its not a secret anymore, I cant care anymore.

I have been able to use isdn for the last few years so not too bad..

Welcome to Rolling and John.. hope your trading is going well..

All the best
Neil
Old Aug 4, 2004, 6:26pm   #8
Joined Oct 2001
thx Neil,

i was wondering if broadband had reached Co Cavan yet but it doesn't sound like good progress!
anyways i couldn't get broadband when i rented a brand new apartment within half a mile of Canary wharf a few years ago, so implementation can be patchy in UK as well.
Hughmac is offline   Reply With Quote