London Traders' Network Drinks - Central London

This is a discussion on London Traders' Network Drinks - Central London within the Meetups forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by tradingbeliefs Fellow Traders, What is the address of this street and nearest tube stn, please Paul. Thankyou. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 9, 2010, 4:26pm   #17
Joined Dec 2009
Re: London Traders' Network Drinks - Central London

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradingbeliefs View Post
Fellow Traders,
What is the address of this street and nearest tube stn, please Paul. Thankyou.
Great to see 30+ folks at our last social get-together. The October 2010 London Traders' Network Social Meet-up is on Wednesday 20th October.

This is a chance for fellow traders to get out from behind their screens and meet other traders for a drink and a chin-wag. There is no agenda other than for people to mix and mingle with some like-minded folk. This is a free social event.

The opportunity to mix Bulls & Beers and Food & Fibonacci etc should be enjoyed by anyone who has an interest in the markets. Regardless of experience we are all still students of the markets and you can always learn something new from interacting with other traders.

I look forward to seeing you on the 20th October at the Bell & Compass.

Trade well

Paul
What is the address of this pub and nearest tube stn, please Paul?
dominationFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 4:48pm   #18
Joined Mar 2007

tradingbeliefs started this thread Hi,
The pub is the Bell & Compass, which can be found at
9-11 Villiers St
London WC2N 6NA

Nearest Tube station is Charing Cross.
Cheers
Paul
tradingbeliefs is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2010, 1:57pm   #19
Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradingbeliefs View Post
Hi,
The pub is the Bell & Compass, which can be found at
9-11 Villiers St
London WC2N 6NA

Nearest Tube station is Charing Cross.
Cheers
Paul
Thanks Paul. What time on Wednesday, please? See you there. Neil.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:00pm   #20
Joined Mar 2007

tradingbeliefs started this thread Fellow traders,
My apologies for the late notice however I'm cancelling the event for this evening. The reason being that when I called the pub last night to confirm my booking they told me they'd changed their procedures and I now had to pay a £150 upfront deposit for the room. At the end of the night they would tally up our drinks bill and pay me back for any overspend! Basically securing for themselves 150 notes worth of business either way. Having used the place for the last 12 months free of charge I wasn't too endeared to hear their change in policy. As it was getting late and only 10 folks had confirmed through the Meetup group I decided to cancel the event as I wasn't prepared to carry the cost of the event.

I apologise for the cancellation and the late notice. I do hope you understand my reasons for doing so. Not surprisingly we'll not be using that venue again and I'll find somewhere new in time for the November Meetup. You can get more updates at the groups home page on Meetup.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:20pm   #21
Joined Dec 2009

Hi again Paul. Just read this after I just wrote to you. Ooops..!Anyway, please give me Location and time of meeting ASAP. Thanks. Happy 2011[, everybody. QUOTE=tradingbeliefs;1021978]Hello fellow Traders,

Firstly Happy New Year to you all! I wish you all success in your trading endevaours this year.

With that in mind I figured I would set a date for the first meet-up of the year. The venue is TBC but will be a pub in Central London on Tuesday 19th January 2010. There's over 180 in our group and we normally get 12-24 traders meeting up for a pint.

This event will be free as a) I'm too busy with trading projects to create anything and b) it's January and everyone's usually skint!

So why not make an effort to beat the winter blues by having a drink and a catch-up with fellow traders.

You can sign up for regular updates at our meetup group page.

I look forward to seeing a few of you on the 19th.

Trade well!

Paul[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 26, 2011, 4:31pm   #22
Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominationFX View Post
Hi again Paul. Just read this after I just wrote to you. Ooops..!Anyway, please give me Location and time of meeting ASAP. Thanks. Happy 2011[, everybody. QUOTE=tradingbeliefs;1021978]Hello fellow Traders,

Firstly Happy New Year to you all! I wish you all success in your trading endevaours this year.

With that in mind I figured I would set a date for the first meet-up of the year. The venue is TBC but will be a pub in Central London on Tuesday 19th January 2010. There's over 180 in our group and we normally get 12-24 traders meeting up for a pint.

This event will be free as a) I'm too busy with trading projects to create anything and b) it's January and everyone's usually skint!

So why not make an effort to beat the winter blues by having a drink and a catch-up with fellow traders.

You can sign up for regular updates at our meetup group page.

I look forward to seeing a few of you on the 19th.

Trade well!

Paul
[/QUOTE]

Not sure whether you heard back from Paul - he told me via email that the first 2011 meeting won't be until February.
options-george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 2:25pm   #23
Joined Aug 2010

Hi paul

I just joined your Wednesday, February 23 meetup. I don't know where the meet up is?

Please send me a pm when you have a venue, I would like to come

Thanks
ken979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:38pm   #24
Joined Mar 2007

tradingbeliefs started this thread Hey fellow traders,

The first London Traders' Network Social Event of the year is Wednesday 23rd February 2011 at 6.30pm

The location is

Theodore Bullfrog Pub
26-30 John Adam St, London, WC2N 6HL

The pub is near Charing Cross and Embankment Tube Stations

We have an area reserved downstairs.

If you want more updates then can i please recommend you join the groups meet-up page?

or try this link...http://www.meetup.com/TheLondonTradersNetwork/

So far on the meet-up page we have 18 people signed up to come along so we'll have a good turn-out. I look forward to seeing faces old and new next Wednesday.

Cheers,

Paul