FTSE 100 or the DAX for day trading?

This is a discussion on FTSE 100 or the DAX for day trading? within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; I think it will ultimately come down to your personal preference and depend on what you can read better. Have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 6, 2011, 3:28pm   #8

Joined Oct 2011
Re: FTSE 100 or the DAX for day trading?

I think it will ultimately come down to your personal preference and depend on what you can read better. Have you also looked at S&P, Dow or Nasdaq?
Nexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2011, 3:36pm   #9

Joined Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalott View Post
Is it the futures or the stocks that move index (short term)

News Headlines
That's a complicated relationship, both to some extent even though the futures run as a self contained contract.
Sidekicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:32pm   #10

Joined Aug 2009

There is something about the order flow action in the DAX which I definitely prefer over the FTSE 100 or even the FESX. I have traded the DAX for many years now and like the CL it has very good price/order flow action with many intra-session trends to work.

DAX Price/Order flow action -

Images | ChartHub.com
Old Oct 17, 2011, 5:14pm   #11

1 Posts
Joined Oct 2011

the dax is more volatile i have found. however if you like volatility try the ITA 40. its a beast
pipmaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:32pm   #12
Joined Oct 2011

Generally DAX isn't worth trading until after the FTSE opens (in terms of point movement). That being said I still prefer trading the DAX. There is a 'follow the leader' issue as the Dow tracks the DAX which tracks the FTSE until the American markets open properly after lunch. Although I don't normally trade the FTSE I can say that if the DAX hits a pivot or Resistance/Support level, it has a reverberation on the movement on the Dow e.g. if DAX hits Resistance level then the Dow will also slow down or reverse trend with it.

Just my 2 pence
echizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:39pm   #13

Joined Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by echizen View Post
Generally DAX isn't worth trading until after the FTSE opens (in terms of point movement). That being said I still prefer trading the DAX. There is a 'follow the leader' issue as the Dow tracks the DAX which tracks the FTSE until the American markets open properly after lunch. Although I don't normally trade the FTSE I can say that if the DAX hits a pivot or Resistance/Support level, it has a reverberation on the movement on the Dow e.g. if DAX hits Resistance level then the Dow will also slow down or reverse trend with it.

Just my 2 pence
Doesn't anyone trade the eurostoxx? Hardly ever hear it mentioned.
Sidekicker is offline   Reply With Quote