Index King In Da' House !

This is a discussion on Index King In Da' House ! within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Hello to everyone. Yes good ol' IK is back, cleaning toilets and kicking indices ! Seriously though I have much ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 13, 2003, 11:52pm   #1

Joined Jun 2003
Talking Index King In Da' House !!!!!!!!!

Hello to everyone. Yes good ol' IK is back, cleaning toilets and kicking indices !

Seriously though I have much trouble trying to post message while using broadband so have to use dial up account instead.

Also while away in Spain I had to vist Rodriguez Yankem dentist surgery to have a wisdom removed so have been recovering for week or so, Also pencellin not agree with IK and IK suffered fainting fits and some other intimate problems ! However all is well now and I am glad to be back.

IK get a hefty ball chewing from friend who gave me method I use to post trade opportunities. He concerned that I give enough information to lead others to work it out.

I am allowed to give instructions as to what I do so that is all I can do. Please to not ask questions of method !

I will be posting DOW/FTSE trades this time. These are a modification of the method I use and will not be for usual duration of one trading day. Example trade

I say Buy Ftse/Sell Dow at difference X
Take 50 points if you get it or wait until I post when to cancel and take profit.

What happens is that you get on the trade usually after close of bell in Dow session. There will be a few points leeway here !
The trade will get going in the next session. You can either wait and take 50 points if you get it or I'll post to say close trade and take profits. Do this as soon as you read it !

As I say these trades will last more than a day, maybe week or two and you may have a small loss to cope with between the start and your 50 points or me saying Take Profits. If you carry losss please not to close out until I tell you. This way worst case scenario is small loss. I have been testing 3 systems and this produces 84% success rate. You will see as the rest of the year pans out ! Trust me, this is beauty.
Skeptics may want to just follow the advice to see Index King not bulling. Fair enough.

Stay tooned for next trade.

Index King
indexking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2003, 11:58pm   #2
Joined Jan 2003
Ik,
welcome back.Wondering what happened to you.Thought your woman may have had you chained up in a basement somewhere in Spain!!

Regards
2468steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2003, 4:37am   #3

Joined Mar 2002
Hi IK,

Could be a long wait for you to post exit after your travels.

FTSE/Dow looking to go contra-trend.

The trend is to Buy Dow and Sell FTSE but.. the charts are looking like the FTSE will Break-out to the up-side and the Dow range bound likely to break-down

Which way round are you looking at - going with the trend or against it ?
Old Aug 14, 2003, 8:47am   #4

Joined Dec 2002
Welcome back IK

You were definitely missed by your fans here on T2W.

You are up there now with the big boys, Bonsai, Sunseeker, Chartman etc.

Nice to hear that you are recovering from your illness.

I hope for your fans sake you can deliver the goods.
Old Aug 14, 2003, 9:20am   #5

Joined Dec 2001
Good to have you back IK. You started posting when I was on holiday and had gone before I came back.

It will be interesting to see your new trading strategy but I hope you can indicate how much room you allow before a profit is made. There is a system similar to this one on another board, it even has the same 50 point target and about the same success rate. Most of the time 50 points are made but some traders close in a panic when the index goes a long way against them. This results in big losses rather than small gains.

With an 84% success rate, lots of novice traders will think this is easy money but might have a nasty shock if they use too much margin and don't allow for a big stop.

So a bit of advice on how much of your capital should be risked and how far you are prepared to see the index go in the wrong direction would be helpful.
Bigbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2003, 9:32am   #6

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbusiness
There is a system similar to this one on another board, it even has the same 50 point target and about the same success rate.
Which board is that BB - do tell.
ColinRiche is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2003, 10:59am   #7

Joined Jun 2003
indexking started this thread Hello

Thanks for your replys. This new system is a modified version of difference tradings. The 50 point target is a choice you can make if you want to close position. It is not fixed ! You are better off waiting for me to say close out though. This is not the same as you've seen elsewhere !
From what you say this method seen elsewhere is nothing more than buying into moving averages ! This is very dangerous which although may be good success rate, the few losers generally crimp or wipe out any gains made. Been there done that !

I tested this new one with DOW/FTSE, DOW/DAX, DOW/CAC and each pair returned exactly an 84 % success rate over a period of a year. I did over 3000 calculations to arrive at this method and to test it, so it unlikely to be seen elsewhere !

Thanks for asking about betting amounts. For this I would suggest MINIMUM stakes. £1, 50pences etc. As I say before this trade likely to last few days not one, and a loss may need to be carried without closing. If you want stop loss targets then you could take 150 points or less hit. From those who follow IK in past you know my aversion to stop lossing (stop losss=stop gain !!!)

I should be able to post the first trade soon (next few days).

Please not to do conkers on my trades. As I said 84% success also mean 16% fail. However losses will be small and more than compensated overtime.

Hope to post first one soon.

Have a nice day.
indexking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2003, 11:12am   #8

Joined May 2003
Hi IK,

Good to see u back - I was following your posts with some sceptism and had just about changed my mind and was waiting to do my first trade following your instructions when u went on hols !

Am looking forward to your first trade - combination of you, Chartman and Sunseeker had better help me succeed

Cheers
mombasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2003, 11:39am   #9

Joined Dec 2001
Colin,

It was on ADVFN premium board but the signals are no longer posted there. It was only similar in the fact that it looked for a 50 point target, left the stop to the discretion of the trader and had a similar success rate. It wasn't a pairs system and had nothing to do with moving averages. I worked out bits of it but still haven't worked out how it works.

The point I was making was that lots of people have made money but a few were stopped out too early or did not take a profit when it was available and have lost out. A novice trader might see an 84% success rate and think they can't loose.

Index King has been kind and given the extra information I was looking for and now I have a better idea of how to trade his signals.
Bigbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2003, 11:49am   #10

Joined Mar 2002
I'd be interested in that extra information on both systems cos i wouldn't be comfortable trading blind.

Feel free to pm me or email