Slow RSI entries

This is a discussion on Slow RSI entries within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Hi all I have been having some success trading the Dow recently. I find using a slow RSI on a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 3, 2003, 9:07pm   #1

Joined Jun 2003
Slow RSI entry

Hi all

I have been having some success trading the Dow recently. I find using a slow RSI on a five minute chart is good at finding market turning points. It is a very simple method but is very useful when use with other TA techniques, especially Fib and S&R.

Here are todays entries.
Attached Files
File Type: xls dowchart.xls (50.5 KB, 348 views)
stoploss please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2003, 9:21pm   #2

Joined Jun 2003
Slow RSI 2nd entry

stoploss please started this thread Attached is the short entry. I was going to attach them all on the same thread but sure how to.
Attached Files
File Type: xls dowchart.xls (50.5 KB, 245 views)
Old Oct 3, 2003, 9:27pm   #3

Joined Jun 2003
Slow RSI 2nd short entry

stoploss please started this thread Hi

Could one of the moderates do me a big favor and merge these threads.

Cheers
Andy
Attached Files
File Type: xls dowchart.xls (46.5 KB, 235 views)
Old Oct 3, 2003, 9:43pm   #4

Joined Nov 2000
Just hit "post reply" and post the next one.
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2003, 9:44pm   #5

Joined Jun 2003
Thanks for the charts Stoploss.

I am desparately trying to learn Chartman's Dow strategy at the moment [see the thread].

Assuming you are familiar with the techniques I wonder if you can help. The long entry you have looks similar to the RS switch yet you seem to be combining it with a 'double bottom' in RSI. Is it possible you could give more detail on how you do this and how it differs, if at all, from the Dow strategy?

Similarly for the short entry the RSI seems to have short-term ND [i.e. < 25 mins] and SR switch which has signalled the fall.

Thank you for the charts and your help is most welcome.

Perhaps if CM reads this he could also comment.....?

Regards

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2003, 10:19pm   #6

Joined Nov 2001
I cannot read these XLS files ??
Old Oct 3, 2003, 10:38pm   #7

Joined Nov 2000
Wje200- take care here. The reading/interpretation of a 1 min chart is NOT the same as a 5 min chart. You must decide on a trading timeframe, whatever that may be, and stick with it. If you chop and change as you see new ideas from other posters, don't trade. Make up in your own mind what you THINK you understand and then try applying it for yourself to see if you can do it AND understand why.
It is not for me to say which is better, or worse. Everyone has to find their own system that they are comfortable with and, most importantly, that they understand. It took me a long time and a lot of money to find out that EOD was not for me. The principles over all timeframes are the same. It's the little details that are different. For example, divergences that show up on a 1 min chart, may not show in a 5 min chart.
Hope this helps.
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote