Tom Hougaard

This is a discussion on Tom Hougaard within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Laughing all the way to your little Piggy Bank....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 3, 2003, 9:26pm   #41

Joined Nov 2000
Laughing all the way to your little Piggy Bank.
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2003, 9:34pm   #42

Joined Nov 2000
Oink oink.

And when I got to the bank, I found you in front of me in the queue!
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2003, 10:13pm   #43

Joined Nov 2000
And you know what? That's because I had a lighter load to carry.
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2003, 10:28pm   #44

Joined Jul 2002
have a nice weekend

Last edited by SUNSEEKER; Oct 4, 2003 at 9:47am.
SUNSEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2003, 8:05pm   #45

Joined Jun 2003
Sun

Noticed you edited your last post.

Don't let it get to you mate. It is not worth it.....
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2003, 10:48pm   #46

Joined Jul 2002
I deleted that post. It is not my style to hit back, got pissed off for a second, but realised that we are all entitled to an opinion.

It is my job to go on the tv channels and give a view, and I love my job. You cant please everyone I have been told, so I will stop trying. I stand by my work and it is for everyone to see. Take it or leave it. I always tell people to use stops, and I have never said that trading was easy. I dont make outrageous claims, as a matter of fact, I make no claims at all.

I will be the first to admit that I totally underestimated the strength of the market this summer and I certainly paid for it as well on my position trades. I learned from it and I am moving on.

Tom
SUNSEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2003, 12:29am   #47

Joined Nov 2000
Sunseeker:

I believe that anyone who 'pokes' at others on these boards is doing it for a reason - they're angry. Really ANGRY . Like many others, they're losing and they're hurting and they're bewildered at how they can be losing when all around seem to be making money. They don't know what to do to get them out of their predicament, and instead of using the helping hand proffered, they spit on it. They seem to think that by slagging off others, directly or by insinuation, it will somehow make them feel better. But, sadly, all it does is show publicly that they're losers.

Just ignore those who poke at others; pity the poor fools, for the market will take care of them for you. The market always takes the weakest first, because that's the law of nature.

Others of course bear their losses with dignity, humility, and use it as a reason to try harder, understand more, and keep on looking for their holy grail with respect and courtesy for their fellow traders.

Concentrate on providing knowledge, help, information and encouragement to these folk who genuinely appreciate a helping hand. They are the silent majority on these boards.
Skimbleshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2003, 1:27am   #48
Joined Nov 2001
Perhaps, we should also bear in mind the title of Fred Schwed's book, "Where are the Customers' Yachts?" and take a good hard look at the spreadbetting companies.

Cheers

Mayfly
Mayfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2003, 2:32am   #49
Joined Aug 2003
The post edited out by Sunseeker was, if I recall correctly, a poke at Rglenn who, again if I am correct, hasn't posted (or doesn't post) with any anger.

This thread - hopefully I am correct in so assessing it as such - is about the value or not of Tom's charts. They have no value whatsoever for me; if they have or had value for anyone then thats only to his/her good ..hopefully.

If those that have dissented or do dissent against his charts then surely they are entitled to their own successful approach (...they won't be posting here for long if they are not, will they?).

The fact is that the market (ie Dow) up or down is full of juice almost every trading day. Warbling about where the market is going over the next week/month/year by self appointed pundits .. well its all just a harmless sport where anyone can make their own shot or if they like shoot down someone elses shot.

Now who would want get upset over nothing?
fudgestain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2003, 9:20am   #50
Joined Aug 2001
lockstock started this thread Well what a can of worms opened by the initial post.

Anyone that follows anyone blindly is asking for all the ill that the unforseen can dump on them.

If someone has a track record of making predictions with a high success rate, imho it's worthy of note, from there on in, it's upto the individual to use that information in accordance with their individual trading strategies.

A) Disregard completely
B) Take note, but observe the markets in greater detail.
C) Trade as you see it, but with the knowledge that the market might be at a top.
D) Stay out of the market .

My belief is that the market is near a short term top & this recent high rise has taken all the shorts out from September, with the institutions selling into this rally.

The INDU chart is also displaying what looks like a head & shoulders formation & in addition we are bang hard up against a major bear trend line.

All reasons to take on board what Tom was saying on Bloomberg.
lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote