Euro Futures - Impact on European Indexes

This is a discussion on Euro Futures - Impact on European Indexes within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Hi all, For the last few days I noticed Reuters post an article in relation to the European futures and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 17, 2009, 4:59pm   #1

3 Posts
Joined May 2009
Euro Futures - Impact on European Indexes

Hi all,

For the last few days I noticed Reuters post an article in relation to the European futures and how this may suggest a gain or loss on the upcoming day's trade. Here is an example from 16th June so you know what I am talking about - STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Europe futures point to mixed open | Stocks | Reuters.

How can the information relating to the rise/fall in Euro Stoxx, CAC and DAX futures best be used in index trading? Does the change in value of futures contracts prior to market opening play a big part in the market movements that day? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

Where might I be able to find historical data on these futures indexes for the purposes of back-testing? Data going back a few months would be plenty.

Thanks heaps in advance for your help and hope I made sense.
austrader85 is offline   Reply With Quote