Hubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble

This is a discussion on Hubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ curve fitters blah correlation tangent-------add futher words blah copy trade blah trap beginners blah snowflake blah...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:30pm   #41

Joined Sep 2014
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
curve fitters blah correlation tangent-------add futher words blah copy trade blah trap beginners blah snowflake blah
Click the image to open in full size.
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:54pm   #42
Joined Apr 2016
The pump for dax continues as I expect it to. For how long I don't know. Since the pump is at market top (my estimate), it's probably a short pump for a fairly immediate dump. If this happens, then a santa rally becomes possible.

Head line pump at bloomberg on Thursday. Head line pump at FT for Friday and into the weekend. Monday's pump is a front page sub-head line at bloomberg: "Euro-Area Confidence Surges to 17-Year High". With the pumping moderating rather quickly, I estimate an imminent dump to occur in days. Will this drag other indexes down ? Possible, but my data doesn't indicate it will be a crash-sized dump.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:23pm   #43
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
The pump for dax continues as I expect it to. For how long I don't know. Since the pump is at market top (my estimate), it's probably a short pump for a fairly immediate dump. If this happens, then a santa rally becomes possible.

Head line pump at bloomberg on Thursday. Head line pump at FT for Friday and into the weekend. Monday's pump is a front page sub-head line at bloomberg: "Euro-Area Confidence Surges to 17-Year High". With the pumping moderating rather quickly, I estimate an imminent dump to occur in days. Will this drag other indexes down ? Possible, but my data doesn't indicate it will be a crash-sized dump.
I would concur on a smallish dump, but more to do with time and price, but the same sort of situation, nothing crash sized or anything like that, as the volume levels still dont indicate this. Whatever the reason for the pump (maybe dax sympathises with NQ more than Dow? Maybe 13000 push was a retail trigger? Cheaper euro better value?), the fact is that it has pumped, and the world sees this.

Still think volatility is a better play into Feb. Just a personal opinion.
wallstreetwarrior87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:37pm   #44
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetwarrior87 View Post
Not suggesting a major correction (yet), just a reversion from exuberance. Using a simple time/price measured move. Looks to be seeking the area nicely, the grey box roughly comes in Tues/Wed. Would need a bit of decent profit taking to kick us off then the chasers can dump out.

Never say no to a Santa rally
Price wise, pretty much there with the high earlier, time wise, a day early, so in theory still time to test if she wants to, then we can see how strong she is up here.
Attached Thumbnails
nq-10302017.jpg  
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:55pm   #45
Joined Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Well given the strength of wordwide indices this year, I can see no reason why they should not continue higher (christmas rally). If he holds on using the trail stop strategy, it could be a life changing sum.

There's a rumour that if this happens, he is taking everyone out, all expenses paid **** up
Hope the grantley arms has space for everyone
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:14pm   #46

Joined Oct 2015
i think its healthy to have a big dump now and again
Kaeso is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: cbrads , wallstreetwarrior87
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:35pm   #47
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
i think its healthy to have a big dump now and again

I think that maybe others in your household may disagree

Back to trading talk
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:56pm   #48
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetwarrior87 View Post
Price wise, pretty much there with the high earlier, time wise, a day early, so in theory still time to test if she wants to, then we can see how strong she is up here.
Its Tuesday, and we have indeed retested at 1.30pm. Lets see if today is the day