Hubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble

This is a discussion on Hubble, Bubble, Toil and Trouble within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe Max loss amount. Since you don't have a stomach for big wins, your stop would be ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:32pm   #31
 
barjon's Avatar
Joined May 2003
barjon started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
Max loss amount. Since you don't have a stomach for big wins, your stop would be at -£50.
And just how do you set that with your broker, clever clogs?
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk
Old Oct 28, 2017, 5:54pm   #32
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
And just how do you set that with your broker, clever clogs?
I am unfamiliar with stops at a broker. Maybe someone else can help. Since you check your trade every hour, nothing to stop you being your own broker.

Taking money from other people involves the risk of the victim clubbing you on the head. Try it on the street and see proof of what I am saying. If you can't sleep on that idea, then don't take other people's money. Simples.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:06pm   #33
 
barjon's Avatar
Joined May 2003
barjon started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
I am unfamiliar with stops at a broker. Maybe someone else can help. Since you check your trade every hour, nothing to stop you being your own broker.

Taking money from other people involves the risk of the victim clubbing you on the head. Try it on the street and see proof of what I am saying. If you can't sleep on that idea, then don't take other people's money. Simples.
As usual, then, you actually added absolutely nothing of value.
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:16pm   #34
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.
 
counter_violent's Avatar
Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
What's this announcement about ?

Since they are pumping dax currently, I'd say there's a better chance of a santa dump this year. Other signs are also point to this.
Nobody is pumping dax.

Still not figured out yet that indices trading involves currency movements.
__________________
Spreading the madness across this suite of forums.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:43pm   #35
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
Go on then - how?
with some some brokers you can have a spread-trade stop i think but i dont know who (or its something which could be coded) it looks like you'll have to manually watch out for the clubbing
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:08pm   #36
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Nobody is pumping dax.

Still not figured out yet that indices trading involves currency movements.
JP morgan was pumping dax on bloomberg Thursday, some other entity is pumping dax on FT friday, with the headline still up. Looks like you haven't figured out pumping when it is right in front of your nose. Pump will be followed by a dump. Given the timing of the pump, the dump will likely to occur at Christmas or sooner, making a santa rally less likely. Although if they do a quick sharp dump now, a follow on rally may be possible. But I expect the pump to go on for a few weeks, so we are more likely to see a dump at Christmas.

Last edited by EnlightenedJoe; Oct 28, 2017 at 7:19pm.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:39pm   #37
 
itspossible's Avatar
Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
JP morgan was pumping dax on bloomberg Thursday, some other entity is pumping dax on FT friday, with the headline still up. Looks like you haven't figured out pumping when it is right in front of your nose. Pump will be followed by a dump. Given the timing of the pump, the dump will likely to occur at Christmas or sooner, making a santa rally less likely. Although if they do a quick sharp dump now, a follow on rally may be possible. But I expect the pump to go on for a few weeks, so we are more likely to see a dump at Christmas.
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
i'm lying for the attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
reloading another "K" next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
you don't really have an orange juice position do you?
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2017, 10:05pm   #38
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
..if they do a quick sharp dump now, a follow on rally may be possible. But I expect the pump to go on for a few weeks, so we are more likely to see a dump at Christmas.
yeah its either a santa rally or a yuletide log
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:42am   #39
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.
 
counter_violent's Avatar
Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
JP morgan was pumping dax on bloomberg Thursday, some other entity is pumping dax on FT friday, with the headline still up. Looks like you haven't figured out pumping when it is right in front of your nose. Pump will be followed by a dump. Given the timing of the pump, the dump will likely to occur at Christmas or sooner, making a santa rally less likely. Although if they do a quick sharp dump now, a follow on rally may be possible. But I expect the pump to go on for a few weeks, so we are more likely to see a dump at Christmas.
Anyone buying this sh1t ?

Could the explanation be a whole lot simpler.
Attached Thumbnails
eurusdvdax.png  
__________________
Spreading the madness across this suite of forums.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:04pm   #40
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Anyone buying this sh1t ?

Could the explanation be a whole lot simpler.
I am willing to bet you bought my sh*t, because you would not be able to show a profit made from that supposed "correlation". Correlations don't exist. If you mess with the market long enough, and being observant enough, this point is very apparent. The correlations are designed to trap beginners.

You are being disingenuous with the chart, my version puts things into a proper perspective.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Thumbnails
eur.jpg  

Last edited by EnlightenedJoe; Oct 29, 2017 at 1:17pm.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:30pm   #41
 
itspossible's Avatar
Joined Sep 2014
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
curve fitters blah correlation tangent-------add futher words blah copy trade blah trap beginners blah snowflake blah
Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
i'm lying for the attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
reloading another "K" next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
you don't really have an orange juice position do you?
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:54pm   #42
Joined Apr 2016
The pump for dax continues as I expect it to. For how long I don't know. Since the pump is at market top (my estimate), it's probably a short pump for a fairly immediate dump. If this happens, then a santa rally becomes possible.

Head line pump at bloomberg on Thursday. Head line pump at FT for Friday and into the weekend. Monday's pump is a front page sub-head line at bloomberg: "Euro-Area Confidence Surges to 17-Year High". With the pumping moderating rather quickly, I estimate an imminent dump to occur in days. Will this drag other indexes down ? Possible, but my data doesn't indicate it will be a crash-sized dump.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:23pm   #43
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
The pump for dax continues as I expect it to. For how long I don't know. Since the pump is at market top (my estimate), it's probably a short pump for a fairly immediate dump. If this happens, then a santa rally becomes possible.

Head line pump at bloomberg on Thursday. Head line pump at FT for Friday and into the weekend. Monday's pump is a front page sub-head line at bloomberg: "Euro-Area Confidence Surges to 17-Year High". With the pumping moderating rather quickly, I estimate an imminent dump to occur in days. Will this drag other indexes down ? Possible, but my data doesn't indicate it will be a crash-sized dump.
I would concur on a smallish dump, but more to do with time and price, but the same sort of situation, nothing crash sized or anything like that, as the volume levels still dont indicate this. Whatever the reason for the pump (maybe dax sympathises with NQ more than Dow? Maybe 13000 push was a retail trigger? Cheaper euro better value?), the fact is that it has pumped, and the world sees this.

Still think volatility is a better play into Feb. Just a personal opinion.
wallstreetwarrior87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:37pm   #44
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetwarrior87 View Post
Not suggesting a major correction (yet), just a reversion from exuberance. Using a simple time/price measured move. Looks to be seeking the area nicely, the grey box roughly comes in Tues/Wed. Would need a bit of decent profit taking to kick us off then the chasers can dump out.

Never say no to a Santa rally
Price wise, pretty much there with the high earlier, time wise, a day early, so in theory still time to test if she wants to, then we can see how strong she is up here.
Attached Thumbnails
nq-10302017.jpg  
wallstreetwarrior87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:55pm   #45
Joined Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Well given the strength of wordwide indices this year, I can see no reason why they should not continue higher (christmas rally). If he holds on using the trail stop strategy, it could be a life changing sum.

There's a rumour that if this happens, he is taking everyone out, all expenses paid **** up
Hope the grantley arms has space for everyone
__________________
Dumb luck does not balance out needless risk
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bubble bubble booom forker General Trading Chat 16 Sep 14, 2016 7:39pm
is AUD in a bubble? squall321 Forex 0 Apr 13, 2011 1:38am
Treasuries Bubble? minimal Commodities & Money Markets 11 Jan 17, 2011 10:53am
The dollar bubble tar General Trading Chat 0 Jan 3, 2010 9:41am
Bubble chump The Foyer 1 Apr 28, 2005 10:33am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)