Profitable support trading on indices Dow ,dax ,Nasdaq and s&p

This is a discussion on Profitable support trading on indices Dow ,dax ,Nasdaq and s&p within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by foroom lluzers You pick numbers out of thin air ? You don't need foresight , just be ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:20pm   #17

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
You pick numbers out of thin air ?

You don't need foresight , just be content with hindsight ,it gives you valuable information ,unless blind is leading by hindsight market timing.
All that matters to me in this game is buying on way down, selling on the way up and managing my size, thats about it. The bottom line tells me how well ive done. Everything else is a distraction imho.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:21pm   #18

Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Move on!I use to trade trend breakouts after buying course on them and books from failed trend traders.

I just made a mistake ,from the copy and paste from my previous strategy , so I have removed it.

Just move on.
so was almost 80% a mistake as well. or is 90% a mistake
I can't move on as im trying to understand your profitable strategy..you know the breakout strategy that is not a breakout strategy because you just changed it
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: NickBk
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:22pm   #19
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread [QUOTE=malaguti;2920080]
Quote:

no, you said it was 80% of the time..pretty sure you said 80%
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tech...ml#post2911962

in fact, no it was almost 80%
so we've gone from not quite 80% to now 90% of breakouts fail
why the increase in over 10% of failure rate from just a week ago?

and this thread is about profitable strategies, why then are you quoting non-profitable hindsight strategies.
and why also would you change a non-profitable hindsight strategy if thats what you were originally conveying?

your village foroom, think of your village

Here :80 % of trend breakouts fail ,that is why nobody posts breakouts here anymore.40% is up breakouts + 40 % is down breakouts , 10 % is down breakouts on indices = 90 % cause we only trade longs on up biased indices.

Evidence shows indices shorts are only profitable 25% of the time , failure of shorts is 75%.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:26pm   #20
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
so was almost 80% a mistake as well. or is 90% a mistake
I can't move on as im trying to understand your profitable strategy..you know the breakout strategy that is not a breakout strategy because you just changed it
Breakout trading is timing the market , this method does not try to time the market.It buy and holds , above support , before breakout ,until profit.

Even you can peddle it and write books ,sell seminars and make millions from this free strategy.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:29pm   #21

Joined Nov 2009
[QUOTE=foroom lluzers;2920088]
Quote:

Here :80 % of trend breakouts fail ,that is why nobody posts breakouts here anymore.40% is up breakouts + 40 % is down breakouts , 10 % is down breakouts on indices = 90 % cause we only trade longs on up biased indices.

Evidence shows indices shorts are only profitable 25% of the time , failure of shorts is 75%.
well your post here is quite explicit

that almost 80% of ALL breakouts fail

so now its not 80% of all breakouts fail, its just 40%. The only reason i say that is Barjon was talking about a breakout long strategy which you responded as saying that 80% fail
so in other words the breakout strategy will be profitable 60% of the time?
thats great for all breakout traders then. 60% of breakouts are successful if long..

this is great news. so if 60% of all long breakouts are successful why are you changing your strategy from a breakout strategy to a non breakout strategy?

i think your village want you back foroom
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:34pm   #22
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread [QUOTE=malaguti;2920102]
Quote:

well your post here is quite explicit

that almost 80% of ALL breakouts fail

so now its not 80% of all breakouts fail, its just 40%. The only reason i say that is Barjon was talking about a breakout long strategy which you responded as saying that 80% fail
so in other words the breakout strategy will be profitable 60% of the time?
thats great for all breakout traders then. 60% of breakouts are successful if long..

this is great news. so if 60% of all long breakouts are successful why are you changing your strategy from a breakout strategy to a non breakout strategy?

40 % equates to 80% , say you have 20 trades ,10 longs and 10 shorts , if you take only 10 trades 40% don't fail but 80/90 % of breakouts fail.

It is % of total trades placed ,80 % of uptrend breakouts fail and 80% of down trend breakouts fail , as Barjon's only 2 out of 2 potential trades both failed in uptrend on BT and Diageo.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:36pm   #23

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:

One does wonder what his village does for an idiot when he's haunting these hallowed pages
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:40pm   #24

Joined Nov 2009
[QUOTE=foroom lluzers;2920104]
Quote:

40 % equates to 80% , say you have 20 trades ,10 longs and 10 shorts , if you take only 10 trades 40% don't fail but 80/90 % of breakouts fail.

It is % of total trades placed ,80 % of uptrend breakouts fail and 80% of down trend breakouts fail , as Barjon's only 2 out of 2 potential trades both failed in uptrend on BT and Diageo.
no, I think your maths is wrong..you have just stated quite clearly
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indi...ml#post2920088
40% fail if long, 40% fail if short

so if you take 10 long and 10 short, 40% of 10 will fail ie 4 trades, 40% of shorts will fail. so thats 8 out of 20 will fail
8 out of 20 is not 80% failure its a 60% win rate

is maths not one of your strong points either?

your village foroom, think of your village