Profitable support trading on indices Dow ,dax ,Nasdaq and s&p

This is a discussion on Profitable support trading on indices Dow ,dax ,Nasdaq and s&p within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Point is that every trader should choose 1 time frame (maximum 2), for their trend definition. This trend definition must ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:43pm   #9

Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Point is that every trader should choose 1 time frame (maximum 2), for their trend definition. This trend definition must always be 2-3, time frames higher than the one of entry. Example: entering on 15 or 30 min charts, use 4 hour for trend definition.
• In a down trend the buy is 10 pips above the high of last two peaks.
• In a uptrend the buy is 10 pips above the high of last peaks with full candle close.
• In an uptrend sell is 10 pips below the low of last two troughs.
• In an down trend sell is 10 pips below the low of last troughs , with full candle close.
• Break of 2 sets of major supports or resistances (with a minimum 50 pip distance between the two ) constitutes a trend.
• Sloping trend and channels must be evident on 4 hour charts (not only on 15 min or 30 min)
• Corrections to the trend /channel lines are not down trends in an up trend , and vice versa.

some idiot posted on this thread that 80% of all breakouts fail to materialise
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tech...ml#post2911962

and yet your strategy here is a breakout strategy

are you going to post trades here to prove that 80% of your positions aren't going to materialise. Can you show us your account so we can see it going down

or are you suggesting that 80% of all breakouts don't actually fail?
now, this presupposes of course that you knew/know what a breakout is
I suspect you don't
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:50pm   #10
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaguti View Post
some idiot posted on this thread that 80% of all breakouts fail to materialise

and yet your strategy here is a breakout strategy

are you going to post trades here to prove that 80% of your positions aren't going to materialise. Can you show us your account so we can see it going down

or are you suggesting that 80% of all breakouts don't actually fail?
now, this presupposes of course that you knew/know what a breakout is
I suspect you don't
Only a few trades in up channels and up trend lines apply to the strategy , after the trend has broken out.Most of the trading 90% is buying supports .

I have removed the breakout part from first post , so it is buying at supports only.See up trend lines/channels buy at them.

80 % of breakouts fail ,that is why breakout gurus have dissipated.
Attached Thumbnails
dax-sr.jpg  

Last edited by foroom lluzers; Jun 18, 2017 at 12:58pm.
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:59pm   #11

Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Only a few trades in up channels and up trend lines apply to the strategy , after the trend has broken out.Most of the trading 90% is buying supports .
but that's not what your entry criteria states
it says buy on a breakout of a last high (paraphrasing)
it doesn't say buy on a breakout of a last high but only some of the time..

can you define some of the time?
or is your strategy NOT to buy on the breakout of a last high
your village is riding on your words foroom

oh wait a second, you have just changed your entry criteria. so this wasnt a susccesful strategy then?
had you backtested this you might have realised. another idiot posted that all backtesting was useless. sure would have helped here.
are you making it up as you go along
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:03pm   #12
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:

oh wait a second, you have just changed your entry criteria. so this wasnt a susccesful strategy then?
had you backtested this you might have realised. another idiot posted that all backtesting was useless. sure would have helped here.

To make profit buy at supports of major indices.Supports are at least two trough bottoms on daily or 4 hour charts

This strategy is buy at index supports (horizontal , up trend line and up channel) ,sell high.It will be highly profitable ,if used correctly.Supports are historically good areas to buy ,patience is required to wait for a day or a few days or even a month ,for the trade to go into profit.

only 10 % of trades are after trend has broken out .I deleted that part related to trending , just a mistake.Hope this is now clear.

1.6 Defining a trend
Point is that every trader should choose 1 time frame (maximum 2), for their trend definition. This trend definition must always be 2-3, time frames higher than the one of entry. Example: entering on 15 or 30 min charts, use 4 hour for trend definition.
• Break of 2 sets of major supports or resistances (with a minimum 50 pip distance between the two ) constitutes a trend.
• Sloping trend and channels must be evident on 4 hour charts (not only on 15 min or 30 min)
• Corrections to the trend /channel lines are not down trends in an up trend , and vice versa.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:07pm   #13

Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
To make profit buy at supports of major indices.Supports are at least two trough bottoms on daily or 4 hour charts

This strategy is buy at index supports (horizontal , up trend line and up channel) ,sell high.It will be highly profitable ,if used correctly.Supports are historically good areas to buy ,patience is required to wait for a day or a few days or even a month ,for the trade to go into profit.

only 10 % of trades are after trend has broken out .I deleted that part related to trending , just a mistake.Hope this is now clear.

1.6 Defining a trend
yes i know, you changed it from a breakout strategy below:

Quote:
• In a down trend the buy is 10 pips above the high of last two peaks.
• In a uptrend the buy is 10 pips above the high of last peaks with full candle close.
• In an uptrend sell is 10 pips below the low of last two troughs.
• In an down trend sell is 10 pips below the low of last troughs , with full candle close.
why the sudden change? did you not remember that breakouts fail
your village foroom, think of your village
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:10pm   #14
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:

The missed the entire point of the back testing thread.Go read it and then come and argue.Try breakout on fx ,it fails 90 % of the time.

I realized all this breakout trading is for hindsight traders , I realized this from one of the gurus who was never trading , but just sold education to the blind .I learnt it 20 years ago.

The only time to buy a trend breakout ,is after a successful trend breakout and test retest of reliable support.shown here

Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:12pm   #15
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
yes i know, you changed it from a breakout strategy below:

why the sudden change? did you not remember that breakouts fail
Move on!I use to trade trend breakouts after buying course on them and books from failed trend traders.

I just made a mistake ,from the copy and paste from my previous strategy , so I have removed it.

Just move on.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 1:18pm   #16

Joined Nov 2009
[QUOTE=foroom lluzers;2920070]
Quote:
,it fails 90 % of the time.
no, you said it was 80% of the time..pretty sure you said 80%

in fact, no it was almost 80%
so we've gone from not quite 80% to now 90% of breakouts fail
why the increase in over 10% of failure rate from just a week ago?

and this thread is about profitable strategies, why then are you quoting non-profitable hindsight strategies.
and why also would you change a non-profitable hindsight strategy if thats what you were originally conveying?