Edge set and forget indices trading

This is a discussion on Edge set and forget indices trading within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Next stage is to develop a fixed mechanical system for weekly options. Target profit should be 100 ticks a week ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 14, 2017, 10:48am   #17
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread Next stage is to develop a fixed mechanical system for weekly options.

Target profit should be 100 ticks a week net

Option costs 70 ticks

Total profit 170 gross

Is it doable , how do Idesign this system ?

Initial option cost is 40 or 50 , so first profit target is 80 ,+

Second entry is +60 target option cost 40

Hope one of the above 2 trades has 2 sets of profits i.e

or

foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2017, 1:09pm   #18
Joined Feb 2002
Buying low in a downtrend is putting hope above logic. Buying lower and lower and lower in a downtrend is just arrogance.

I suspect you are attracted to strange strategies by obstinate refusal to accept the nature of the market's behaviour. If you see the market as random and irrational, then I guess you would conclude any random and irrational strategy will be as good as any other.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2017, 1:25pm   #19
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
Buying low in a downtrend is putting hope above logic. Buying lower and lower and lower in a downtrend is just arrogance.

I suspect you are attracted to strange strategies by obstinate refusal to accept the nature of the market's behaviour. If you see the market as random and irrational, then I guess you would conclude any random and irrational strategy will be as good as any other.
Market trends 20 % of the time , it down trends probably 8 % of the time ,12 % of the time it uptrends .If market breaks below average monthly lows breaks big supports ,then you stop buying , but you also always get pullbacks to offload.

Buying support and selling resistance ,several times a week is irrational?
Old May 14, 2017, 3:38pm   #20
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Market trends 20 % of the time , it down trends probably 8 % of the time ,12 % of the time it uptrends .If market breaks below average monthly lows breaks big supports ,then you stop buying , but you also always get pullbacks to offload.

Buying support and selling resistance ,several times a week is irrational?

How can you rationalise holding two contradictory beliefs - that markets uptrend 12% of the time but also "Take a look at monthly and weekly charts on indices , they are always up , after every fall they recover."?
Old May 15, 2017, 8:45am   #21
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
How can you rationalise holding two contradictory beliefs - that markets uptrend 12% of the time but also "Take a look at monthly and weekly charts on indices , they are always up , after every fall they recover."?
What is contradictory ?A picture confirms my thousand words.
Attached Thumbnails
triple.jpg  
Old May 15, 2017, 8:50am   #22
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
What is contradictory ?A picture confirms my thousand words.

Is it really only a thousand?
Old May 15, 2017, 9:07am   #23
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Is it really only a thousand?
I meant rather than give you a thousand words , see the picture.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:15am   #24
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread Using weekly strategy on set and forget , I am looking to buy the first position strictly at 1.2700

next supports are 1.2600 , 1.2500 and 1.2400 , I am looking to buy at these levels based on my subjective anylysis , if price goes there.

Ideally 1.2450 is next support.
Attached Thumbnails
dax1.jpg