S&P 500 - Inter Market Analysis

This is a discussion on S&P 500 - Inter Market Analysis within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; S&P 500 breakdown...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:57pm   #17
Joined Feb 2017
InterMarket-Analysis started this thread S&P 500 breakdown
Attached Thumbnails
2015-03-01_12-57-52.png  
InterMarket-Analysis is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:03pm   #18
Joined Feb 2017
InterMarket-Analysis started this thread Top 3 sectors in US equities = putting in a pivot top/reversal pattern ?

Esp financials with H&S formation brewing given Yellen not so hawkish after all = yields dropping = hurting bank profits

Tech and health care = top heavy

hence S&P 500 holding Daily chart @ Fib 61% = topping tail on friday
Attached Thumbnails
spdr-financial.png   spdr-health-care.png   spdr-technology.png  

Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:23pm   #19
Joined Feb 2017
InterMarket-Analysis started this thread i prefer to keep it simple and easily digestible for readers on this thread

I fear if it gets too complex people may switch off

Either way more than happy to divulge upon my analysis with greater detail when I can.

I trade based on an observation of 30-50 variables at one time across bonds, equities, FX and commodities. If I were to share each and every chart/analysis on every variables it would consume too much of my time

I am a trader first .....analyst/commentator afterwards.

I must dedicate more of my time towards observation/analysis/trading .

Good night to all
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:12pm   #20
Joined Feb 2017
InterMarket-Analysis started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMarket-Analysis View Post
S&P 500 registered a topping tail at Fib 61% resistance on Friday as the Nikkei sold off sharply overnight on negative comments from Trump regarding a trade review with each country.

"U.S. President Donald Trump's executive orders on trade deficits and import duty evasion are a sign that Washington plans to move away from free trade and international agreements, German Economy Minister Brigitte Zypries said on Saturday."

This is negative for global growth as it inevitably leads to a trade war, therefore expect further bearish price action in the weak ahead.

10 & 60 mins chart held key resistance at 2370. Watch out for test of support at 2358, 2335, 2325.

Game plan : I will look to initiate shorts and target support levels below, 2352 will be the first target.
Targets hit on shorts

Analysis worked like clockwork
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:49pm   #21

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Targets hit on shorts

Analysis worked like clockwork

Good call. Good analysis too.

Would you be interested in joining our SPX 500 competition amongst bloggers here.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indi...17-prizes.html

Basically, it is a quarterly competition where we forecast (before US market opens on Monday) what the closing index will be at end of week on Friday.

It is a bit of fun between regular members & bloggers.

Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:47pm   #22
Joined Feb 2017
InterMarket-Analysis started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Good call. Good analysis too.

Would you be interested in joining our SPX 500 competition amongst bloggers here.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indi...17-prizes.html

Basically, it is a quarterly competition where we forecast (before US market opens on Monday) what the closing index will be at end of week on Friday.

It is a bit of fun between regular members & bloggers.

Thanks for the invite

I will certainly attempt to, but forecasting further than 24-48 hours is very hard based on inter-market analysis...the success/accuracy rate drops sharply the further out we go as its impossible to accurately forecast 20-40 variables to move in the intended direction.

Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:29pm   #23

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Thanks for the invite

I will certainly attempt to, but forecasting further than 24-48 hours is very hard based on inter-market analysis...the success/accuracy rate drops sharply the further out we go as its impossible to accurately forecast 20-40 variables to move in the intended direction.

Yep for sure, it is difficult but it's more light hearted bit of competition. It does help sharpen ones approach.

I usually do homework over weekend on as you rightly suggest number of different markets and continents and look ahead to see what announcement and stats to be released.

Look forward to your participation next week onwards then
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:59pm   #24
Joined Feb 2017
S&P 500: trading plan for Tues 4/03/2017

InterMarket-Analysis started this thread The daily candle put in a pivot low/bottoming tail at 2344 after terrorism concerns via St Petersburgh, Russia triggered a bout of risk aversion.

Daily chart has held Fib 75% resistance on concerns the trump trade has failed and is built on hot air given his health care bill failed to get enough votes.

Weaker economic data in the US + UK failed to support the bullish thesis from EU with stronger PMI and employment numbers.

A drop in US auto sales also hurt sentiment.

60 mins chart is in no mans land , asian markets will now dictate

Resistance seen at : 2370 , support seen at 2325 , 2340.

10 mins - support seen at 2350-2344.

game plan tomorrow: Long at support zones above provided fundamentals confirm, short at resistance zones above given bearish FA

happy to short at 2362-64 zone...targeting 2354-2344 .
Attached Thumbnails
s-p500-index-10m.png   s-p500-index-60m.png   s-p500-index-daily.png  

s-p500-index-weekly.png