Daytrading - FTSE, DAX, NASDAQ, CAC (& maybe some other instruments too!)

This is a discussion on Daytrading - FTSE, DAX, NASDAQ, CAC (& maybe some other instruments too!) within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Hi all Long time lurker on these forums - and have slowly got into day trading over the last 2 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:52pm   #1
Joined Sep 2009
Daytrading - FTSE, DAX, NASDAQ, CAC (& maybe some other instruments too!)

Hi all

Long time lurker on these forums - and have slowly got into day trading over the last 2 years. Have blown accounts, gone through a full array of indicators and almost spent money on systems promising magic. It's all brought me back to what seems to be the most accurate method - price action.

So.. I am going to log my journey here... to see if price action is king! Thoughts are very welcome, but please DO NOT use these as blind signals to trade! I will not be held accountable for your losses.

A little bit about me - I am saffa, living in London on and off for the last 9 years. Given that my day job was never doing enough for me, this is an area I sought to research & investigate. While I have no misguided misconceptions about making millions, even earning a little extra for life's little luxuries will do!

So enough about me, every evening I shall attempt to post my trades and their reasons for the day. Until then, ciao...

AvgJoe
avgjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:42pm   #2
Joined Sep 2009
Re: Daytrading - FTSE, DAX, NASDAQ, CAC (& maybe some other instruments too!)

avgjoe started this thread Right, it's Monday 19th December... waiting for this mystical Xmas rush to happen on the markets. Lets see what this week holds! I start on Sunday night despite my wife's protests.

News leaks out on Friday about Belguim's downgrade. Furthermore, (super) Mario Draghi was accused of too much bond buying ( = too much intervention). All this seems negative for the euro.

I short EUR/USD & AUD/USD (both risk pairs):

EUR/USD
Entry : 1.3039
S/L : 1.3069
Target : 1.301, 1.30
Reasons : Concern over the EURO zone and Belgium downgrade weigh on sentiment, both aussie and euro had bearish patterns in the short term, hence the played the sell off down

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

AUD/USD
Entry : 0.9971
S/L : 0.9999
Target : 0.9945, 0.9930
Reasons : Concern over the EURO zone and Belgium downgrade weigh on sentiment, both aussie and euro had bearish patterns in the short term, hence the played the sell off down

Click the image to open in full size.

I also short the CAC a little while later:

CAC40
Entry : 2951
S/L : 2991
Target : 2911, 2901
Reasons :
  • Commods open weak at resistance and moving lower.
  • Risk FX opens weak
  • All indications for weakness ahead into asian session as uncertainty over EUROZONE weighs
  • CAC 40 daily chart = bear flag
  • 10 mins broken symmetrical wedge = bearish with a lower low registered and bear flag
  • 60 mins = death cross pending with LL and LH's resuming
Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

I'd closed these pretty quickly as per my summary below.

Later in the day I took an OIL long (though I must admit that these scare me!!!)

US OIL
Entry : 94.98
S/L : 94.4
Target : 94.5 , 95
Reasons : North Korea fired a missile, this kind of event is usually bullish for oil (North Korea test-fired missile on Monday: report | Reuters)

RESULTS
So how did I fare today?

EUR/USD short +15
AUD/USD short +32
CAC short +40
OIL +30
TOTAL (Mon 19 Dec) +117

On that note, this has taken me much longer than expected.. Peace out

Last edited by avgjoe; Dec 19, 2011 at 10:52pm. Reason: formatting
avgjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:17am   #3

Joined Oct 2010

Hi avgjoe or should I say wallstreet1928? You might want to mark up your charts differently if you want to pretend to be a beginner and scam some more people. Merry Christmas

Fate does not always let you fix the tuition fee. She delivers the educational wallop and presents her own bill – Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
isatrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 1:01pm   #4
Joined Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by isatrader View Post
Hi avgjoe or should I say wallstreet1928? You might want to mark up your charts differently if you want to pretend to be a beginner and scam some more people. Merry Christmas
haha ....what a delusional person??

watch out for the bogey man , he's behind you ?? haha

I have come to the conclusion that some people on T2win have some serious mental issues...especially after todays shenanigans !!
littleangel1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:12pm   #5
Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by isatrader View Post
Isa, what suspicions do you have, here? Please make sure that you are right because we need some new blood in the threads that are started on T2W. If we don't get it we are all going to die of old age.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 2:40pm   #6

Joined Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
Isa, what suspicions do you have, here? Please make sure that you are right because we need some new blood in the threads that are started on T2W. If we don't get it we are all going to die of old age.
'new blood'

The guy is trying really hard - using all sort of different names. Maybe he needs T2W more than the other way round.

Still doesn't make sense to me - if he is a good trader, why would he need to find more subscribers? Surely he can make millions from his high success rate signals. Unless he is not trading them?
bedsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 3:07pm   #7
Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsit View Post
'new blood'

The guy is trying really hard - using all sort of different names. Maybe he needs T2W more than the other way round.

Still doesn't make sense to me - if he is a good trader, why would he need to find more subscribers? Surely he can make millions from his high success rate signals. Unless he is not trading them?
I'm no lover of WS---he knows that. What we don't need, though, is yet another series consisting of trashy posts making the thread impossible to read properly.

So, I repeat, be right and, better still, take it to a monitor to sort out early so that everyone's time is not wasted.

It's getting that no one can read anything on here without someone else coming in shouting "Knickers".
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: littleangel1982