Day Trading is Dumb

This is a discussion on Day Trading is Dumb within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Day Trading is Dumb No, losing money is dumb. There is a difference....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:21am   #33
Joined Aug 2003
Day Trading is Dumb
No, losing money is dumb.
There is a difference.
fudgestain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:40am   #34
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread ,
cj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:45am   #35

Joined Feb 2004
OK, In with my two pen'orth.
Dyslexia. Many dyslexics make great artists. Could the same apply to traders? I think it could.
Just think about it. I'll happily expand on my theory if anyone's interested.

Trading. I trade in a small way part time but am doing full time work which allows me great freedom.
I used some of this freedom to have a go at trading intra day. IT IS A VERY DIFFERENT KETTLE OF FISH IMHO.
For me, the experiment was a disaster!!!
I got impatient, didn't sit on my hands, looked for trades where they didn't exist, bottled out because I was watching the screen and could see every tick that the market moved against me.
I could go on and on. Back in my position trading configuration I am making moderate profits again.
Having read some of Socrates posts and the responses, I am going to repeat the experiment later in the year better armed against myself.
I'm sure that one or two traders will dismiss me as a p**t. I don't give a damn and neither should anyone else who isn't making megabucks.
If you worry what others think of you you will not be able to go your own way and your own way is to do what works for YOU.

Sorry, it's rather rambling but i'm sure people will follow the gist of it

"A fine excuse to pick a man's pocket every 25th. of December"
axthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 2:28am   #36
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread Well said axthree,by speaking the truth and not trying to look cleaver. The problem is most on here,try to look smart,and knowing deep down they not so smart.Let see more of you come out ,and speak the truth.

If you successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;

succeed anyway

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you

Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone may destroy overnight

Build anyway

CJ
Old Oct 14, 2004, 2:31am   #37
Joined Oct 2004
Only losers are concerned about what people think of them. You must do what suits you after all, you trade YOUR money and at the end of the day, you only account to yourself.

In the brief time that I have had the privilege of being a member, I have seen people ridicule others just because their strategy is different but in reality, it tends to stem from a lack of perception. Just because an individual trades differently doesn't make it wrong. It is the £/$ that count.
LION63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2004, 1:21pm   #38
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread [QUOTE=cj12]To Sun123

Nice to here from you and being honest with us. Would you be willing to share you statements for the last 12 months and I be happy to see where you may be going wrong.

Yes, I would agree its a different story trading for a living. The hobbyist becoming a professional trader. The difference with pro trader he knows money is important but the hobbyist, they focus on the market. Pros know that money is just a way to keep score where the Public who treat the market like a hobby have a hard time concentrating on anything but the money. when the public see the market go 5 or 10 ticks against them, their reaction is, It will come back I've got it covered, by the time, the pros would have taken the loss

The unsuccessful ones are uncomfortable with profits but not with losses, Mental toughness and discipline are required to survive let alone prosper in the future market, The Road to success is rough and lonely, Most people quit along the way. Some people become over confident after a few early successes. They think they are experts, but they don't realise that they might hit the top one day and crash the next. The emotional swings could destroy you when it does you hear the excuses. I don't have time for this anymore. I cant follow this. IM confused. They Havant yet developed that mental toughness. Good luck. I also suffer from dyslexia thank God for spell check. My offer is open to you

Last edited by cj12; Aug 21, 2005 at 6:24pm.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:42pm   #39
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj12 View Post
who copys Day Trading is Dumb
I day trade and make money.

This is like saying "you are not skilled enough to make day trading pay ".You lack mental skills of patience to wait for quality trades and are blindly throwing trades into the market?
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:58pm   #40

Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
I day trade and make money.

This is like saying "you are not skilled enough to make day trading pay ".You lack mental skills of patience to wait for quality trades and are blindly throwing trades into the market?
Oscar Reed is offline   Reply With Quote