Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

This is a discussion on Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures?? within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; long @250...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:40pm   #84481
Joined Oct 2009
long @250
wallstreetwarrior87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:41pm   #84482
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetwarrior87 View Post
long @250
closed @272
Old Mar 2, 2018, 2:42pm   #84483
Joined Oct 2009
Early weekend calls, better open than I planned, so take what it gives and dont get greedy.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:00am   #84484
Joined Apr 2014
The buyer impulse was also fueled by fast money which considered excessive losses from previous sessions. In the debt market, yields continue to retreat, with 10-year interest rates approaching 2.80%.
psaTrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:05am   #84485
Joined Apr 2014
At the current stage, investors are concerned about the protectionist rhetoric of the Trump Administration that could trigger reactions in Europe and China.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:02pm   #84486

Joined May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetwarrior87 View Post
Early weekend calls, better open than I planned, so take what it gives and dont get greedy.
W87 have you deleted a post re "why you post" ?

I was going to comment on how good it was, but it's gone..... did you say something to upset the mod gods

Anyway, good post, totally agree with your mindset, time is precious, so spending it wisely pays dividends, may as well wait for some decent pace & trade the fade (easier said than done of course) side side side oh look it's carrying on north etc !

Just getting back into it myself after a spell away from the Dax beast.

I've got a belligerent hard a nails northerner on my case to get back in ))
tokyojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:10pm   #84487
Joined Apr 2014
Historically, trade wars have no winners, but only defeated. In the 1930s, one of the reasons for the prolongation of the Great Depression was the decision of several countries to repeatedly promote the depreciation of their currencies in order to increase the competitiveness of their exports. This other form of trade war was driven by a continuous recession of these economies and by the general impoverishment of populations. At the current stage, the barometers to gauge investor sentiment on this issue are the metal producer sectors and the automobile, as the latter appears to be the next to be targeted by President Trump’s protectionist policy.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:19pm   #84488
Joined Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyojoe View Post
W87 have you deleted a post re "why you post" ?

I was going to comment on how good it was, but it's gone..... did you say something to upset the mod gods

Anyway, good post, totally agree with your mindset, time is precious, so spending it wisely pays dividends, may as well wait for some decent pace & trade the fade (easier said than done of course) side side side oh look it's carrying on north etc !

Just getting back into it myself after a spell away from the Dax beast.

I've got a belligerent hard a nails northerner on my case to get back in ))
No, I took it off personally as I did not want it to come across as posturing, as I always say each to their own, so did not want to sound like this way is better than that way etc.

Just comes down to what a forum is for? Then you question why one posts trades anyway? For me, like you saw it was to share what I was showing my buddy. Done it now so all good, and I think he can see the reason, well I hope he can now

Trade the fade - like it - just keep the stop in place, and at the right time of the day a high strike rate should be achievable.

G/L with getting back to it!
Thanks! The following members like this post: IceMan
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:58pm   #84489
Joined Apr 2014
The trade deficit deteriorated in January, having reached the maximum of the last 10 years (56 600 M.USD). The trade balance deficit was higher than estimated due to the 1.30% drop in exports, which is explained by the lower sales of aircraft and their components to foreign countries. Imports remained virtually unchanged. Interestingly, steel imports, which are at the heart of the recent controversy over tariffs, have remained broadly unchanged.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 6:56pm   #84490
Joined Apr 2014
European stock markets ended the session with valuations, albeit contained. On one hand, there was pressure on the tariffs on imports of steel and aluminum imposed by President Donald Trump, and this theme was rekindled after President Trump said that in addition to Candá and Mexico, US trading partners who have a fair competitive position could also be exempt from such taxes. On the other hand, markets were favored by the US employment report, as well as reports that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un offered to stop nuclear and missile tests and the US president agreed to a meeting of two leaders that may happen before May.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:44pm   #84491
Joined Apr 2014
European markets started the week on an upward trend, with the exception of the London stock exchange that closed slightly lower. In the business context, the highlight is the news about the merger of two of the largest companies in the German energy sector: EON will buy Innogy, RWE’s renewable energy company, thus becoming owner of the retail and energy transport units of both companies, while RWE will keep the renewables business as well as part of EON. The business is valued at 22 000 M. €. In this way, the utilities sector led the gains: RWE rose 9.29% and E.ON gained 5.54%. On the other hand, Britain’s GKN initially reacted positively to the fact that Melrose has increased its offer by the company to a value around 11240 M.USD. However, it later reversed this trend, ending up with a loss of over 2%. The uncertainty associated with US customs duties, which could trigger a trade war, continues to influence and condition the behavior of financial markets.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:11am   #84492
Joined Apr 2014
The European technology sector recovered almost all of the losses suffered in February, while the Nasdaq has already reached new highs. However, the US technology sector accounts for 25% of that country's market, while in Europe the weight of the technology sector stands at a mere 6%. If we compare the technological sector to an engine and its weight to its power, it is easy to see why the American market performs better than the European one.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:14pm   #84493

Joined Mar 2014
Head and Shoulders?
Attached Thumbnails
h-s2.jpg  
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:30pm   #84494

Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Head and Shoulders?
Dandruff
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
reloading another "K" next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
you don't really have an orange juice position do you?
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2018, 4:33pm   #84495

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by itspossible View Post
Dandruff
Dandruff will be the least of our worries, we'll all be doomed, DOOMED!
cbrads is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: cantagril