Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

This is a discussion on Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures?? within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by SuddenDeath Dick Lexic a pc is very cheap, i bought a base unit for 600, it should ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:56am   #14547
Joined Aug 2011
Re: Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenDeath View Post
Dick Lexic a pc is very cheap, i bought a base unit for 600, it should last about 4 years, the cost amortised is 2.90/week, its 64mb ram. (vengeance ram)
yes i have actually ordered a new one with bells and whistles
Dick Lexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:58am   #14548
Joined May 2006

hello gm, how many trade the FTSE Futures here
................................... .
but is one who needs the least.................................................. ....
laptop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:59am   #14549
Joined May 2006

direct access trading not spreabetting
but is one who needs the least.................................................. ....
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:09am   #14550
Joined Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by laptop1 View Post
direct access trading not spreabetting
Hi Laptop - I am using direct access through Open ECry
begeegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:16am   #14551

Joined Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by begeegs View Post
I'd agree with that. Stand-alone PC's are incredibly cheap and you can get a good one for the price above, with the exception of the RAM - which should be at least 4 GB RAM with the option of getting more RAM if needed.
begeegs I want to increase the Ram on a Toshiba laptop (not this one) from the 1GB that was on it from new to 4GB. The Specs say 4 is the maximum. I can see the appropriate chips on Amazon from about 8-10 delivered........
Is it a simple case of popping one out and refitting with new or is there a bit more too it.......??
Bear in mind I'm not Techie !
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:20am   #14552
Joined May 2006

ok I normally trade the US markets, been trying out the FT last few days, see what you guys think of if vs ES
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:24am   #14553
Joined Mar 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungerns View Post
begeegs I want to increase the Ram on a Toshiba laptop (not this one) from the 1GB that was on it from new to 4GB. The Specs say 4 is the maximum. I can see the appropriate chips on Amazon from about 8-10 delivered........
Is it a simple case of popping one out and refitting with new or is there a bit more too it.......??
Bear in mind I'm not Techie !
Yeah - it's easy. I would imagine that you have to unscrew a panel in the bottom of your laptop and replace one with the other. Once you boot up, you should see in the startup screen (which probably will say 'Toshiba' in a big banner) the new RAM size.

If you don't see the new RAM, the computer probably won't boot up. Hopefully that won't happen.

Jeesh - the market is continuing to do nothing - waiting for the jobless claims?
begeegs is offline   Reply With Quote