Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

This is a discussion on Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures?? within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by Dick Lexic dow/ftse slightly bearish but s&p having none of it at the mo.... demand for parachutes ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:15pm   #14295

Joined Jan 2002
Re: Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Lexic View Post
dow/ftse slightly bearish but s&p having none of it at the mo....
demand for parachutes (vix price) has declined 14.58
SuddenDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:43pm   #14296

Joined Dec 2011

Never seen the major Indices so quiet...........
Twice I've refreshed the Browser thinking that the laptop has frozen............
Old Sep 17, 2012, 6:45pm   #14297
Joined Aug 2011

maybe just a hint of weakness now
Dick Lexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:17pm   #14298
et.
Joined Mar 2012

We got as high as 5903 from 5883, which was just over 61% from the day high. Then we did drop.

Sorry about confusing language here, as it makes it sound like I wasn't bearish. I've been bearish since 5933. The prediction was for a temporary bullish move, which has occurred. I just wasn't sure whether the 5912 would be breached by the temporary move before the drop.

Quote:
I think this bullish move should stay below 5912 - in which case this could be very slow going - and then we drop further. That's a working hypothesis rather than a prediction though. The prediction is what the chart is already showing: sort of going up.

I think this plunge will reach some support at 5871.

LT outlook: FTSE to preliminary 7500 with possibility of flash crash to 4500 first (last updated: 14/09/2012).
et. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:26pm   #14299

Joined Jan 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungerns View Post
Never seen the major Indices so quiet...........
Twice I've refreshed the Browser thinking that the laptop has frozen............
VIX 14.55 implies narrow ranges and complacency

todays FTSE100 range 32pts
SuddenDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:23pm   #14300
et.
Joined Mar 2012

We're at 5871. I would now expect 61% retrace, or 50% to be on the safe side.

If this works I'd be amazed, again. However, this one is not my trick so if I told you I'd have to provide I'd a link to a youtube video, but the guy in it is selling subscription for his website so I don't know if I'm allowed to do that here.

Let's see if it works again.

LT outlook: FTSE to preliminary 7500 with possibility of flash crash to 4500 first (last updated: 14/09/2012).
et. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:24pm   #14301
Joined Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by et. View Post
We got as high as 5903 from 5883, which was just over 61% from the day high. Then we did drop.

Sorry about confusing language here, as it makes it sound like I wasn't bearish. I've been bearish since 5933. The prediction was for a temporary bullish move, which has occurred. I just wasn't sure whether the 5912 would be breached by the temporary move before the drop.

I think this plunge will reach some support at 5871.

looks like a bottom at 71.3 ....not good enough et ....you need to try harder

wouldn't rule out more downside
Dick Lexic is offline   Reply With Quote