Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

This is a discussion on Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures?? within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; give us a clue samirs ...xxx =...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:13am   #13361
Joined Aug 2011
Re: Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

give us a clue samirs ...xxx =
Dick Lexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:20am   #13362

Joined Jan 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
maybe, maybe not

A hindsight view of the action is that 08:30 and 09:00 passed with barely a shudder and they couldn't wait for 10:00 to get started with some buying. 10:00 then passed with barely a shudder on the way up - that had to look good for more (in hindsight again )
SuddenDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:32am   #13363

Joined Jan 2002

FTSE trapped buy todays buy/sell pivots
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:51am   #13364
Joined Aug 2011

who wants to be disc jockey today?
Dick Lexic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:55am   #13365

Joined May 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustech View Post
I know the FTSE could keep falling and the better option would be better to take both from the start. I had the price 5640 on DS1, looking for support and trying for a long and looking for FTSE to match up again with the DOW price. I sat with the trade to begin(10 stop), if i was going to walk away would have taken both from the start.
Still learning this system, so bound to make some mistales along the way.
bus

Entry is the difficult bit (ie: deciding when the ftse/dow difference has reached an extreme) which is why I try to look for a directional opportunity initially if it is feasible.

There are one or two "timing" tricks you can play with SB pricing to help. For example, let's say that you're looking for a short ftse/long dow and that the dow has rocketed up by 100 after ftse close dragging SB ftse up 50 along with it by dow close. Assuming all quiet on the Asian front overnight, there's a good chance that "real" ftse won't open 50 up and that SB ftse will drop to reflect "real" ftse open giving you an early boost if you'd opened your pair at (or just before) dow close.
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:09pm   #13366

Joined Jan 2002

look at FTSE drop , sell pivot working wonders, buy pivot creating hassle
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:10pm   #13367

Joined Jan 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
bus

Entry is the difficult bit (ie: deciding when the ftse/dow difference has reached an extreme) which is why I try to look for a directional opportunity initially if it is feasible.

There are one or two "timing" tricks you can play with SB pricing to help. For example, let's say that you're looking for a short ftse/long dow and that the dow has rocketed up by 100 after ftse close dragging SB ftse up 50 along with it by dow close. Assuming all quiet on the Asian front overnight, there's a good chance that "real" ftse won't open 50 up and that SB ftse will drop to reflect "real" ftse open giving you an early boost if you'd opened your pair at (or just before) dow close.
if u had hourly/minute data for ftse/dow this would be useful ?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 12:35pm   #13368

Joined May 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenDeath View Post
if u had hourly/minute data for ftse/dow this would be useful ?
I have hourly - manually - gets a bit too jumpy below 10 minutes. Ideally I'd like a real time chart of the "difference" but that beyond my programming skills.
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote