Running your own fund - FSA Regulation

This is a discussion on Running your own fund - FSA Regulation within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; Thanks i can read, i did realise that was the max punishment but u were using that as a reason ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 9, 2004, 12:54pm   #22
Joined Oct 2003
Thanks i can read, i did realise that was the max punishment but u were using that as a reason for not doing it how u wanted to

I think u very warm to the ideal solution but just missed out one small detail

Surely the best way is to set up a company, distribute the shares out as per amount put in, PAY YOURSELF A WAGE from the company because u are putting in most effort and pay the profits out in dividends-problem solved surely?
MCGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 12:56pm   #23
Joined Oct 2003
Or initially distribute more shares to yourself?
MCGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 4:43pm   #24

Joined Mar 2003
jls483 started this thread Thanks to all, even MCGF, it does sound as if the corporate solution is the best so far. The only major downside I have discovered so far is that corporation tax for such companies is 30% rather than the usual 20%

John.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 4:51pm   #25

Joined Mar 2003
jls483 started this thread OK - here is another question - sort of related. If I form a company and the company places a bet either on the horses or a spreadbet - are the profits tax free or will they still be liable to corporation tax? Would any spreadbet companies open a corporate account?

If the company made all of it is profits out of gambling (and they were all tax free) presumably the dividends would still have a tax credit for the shareholders?

Thanks,

John.
Old Jan 9, 2004, 4:52pm   #26
Joined Jan 2003
Would a director of a ltd co be able to legally use company funds to gamble? Could be another sure fire way of getting carted off to the slammer.
darrenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2004, 4:56pm   #27

Joined Mar 2003
jls483 started this thread Obviously it would be with the shareholders blessing
Old Jan 9, 2004, 5:12pm   #28
Joined Jan 2003
I still think there could be something lurking in directors duties and gambling with company funds.

Don't know for definite. just a hunch.
darrenf is offline   Reply With Quote