Retail trader working in Sheffield (DeGiro broker)

This is a discussion on Retail trader working in Sheffield (DeGiro broker) within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; Hey all I thought I would make a post to see if theres any local retail traders or any traders ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:25pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
Retail trader working in Sheffield (DeGiro broker)

Hey all

I thought I would make a post to see if theres any local retail traders or any traders in the UK who wanted to talk about strategies or brokers. Currently I trade through DeGiro because I like the low commissions and the fact they do not charge to put money onto the account or withdraw (hate it when brokers charge to withdraw).

So if there is anyone local or in the UK feel free to drop me a message, I trade US stocks (NASDAQ) between 1pm - 4pm.

I would also like to know if there are any UK brokers, that allow you to trade on the NASDAQ, without withdrawal fees, but also that has level 2 trading (which DeGiro currently does not).

I trade stocks only, breakouts. I tried Forex but I do not think it likes me

Anyway, this is just a friendly post to see if anyone is looking for a trading buddy who is maybe local to Sheffield or the UK, who trades the US stock market.

Thanks and kind regards,

Matt
mjh2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:05pm   #2
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh2222 View Post
Hey all

I thought I would make a post to see if theres any local retail traders or any traders in the UK who wanted to talk about strategies or brokers. Currently I trade through DeGiro because I like the low commissions and the fact they do not charge to put money onto the account or withdraw (hate it when brokers charge to withdraw).

So if there is anyone local or in the UK feel free to drop me a message, I trade US stocks (NASDAQ) between 1pm - 4pm.

I would also like to know if there are any UK brokers, that allow you to trade on the NASDAQ, without withdrawal fees, but also that has level 2 trading (which DeGiro currently does not).

Anyway, this is just a friendly post to see if anyone is looking for a trading buddy who is maybe local to Sheffield or the UK, who trades the US stock market.

Thanks and kind regards,

Matt
hello i have a question about DeGiro, they seem to have excellent rates.

when you buy and then sell a US stock does your money stay in dollars?
do you have any issues with their rules or platform?
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:30pm   #3

Joined Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh2222 View Post
Hey all

Thanks and kind regards,

Matt
Hi MJH, I trade stocks, and also use DeGiro
One thing if you are not familiar with DeGiro, is that yes their fees are much smaller, however any cash you hold at Degiro is not "your" cash.
In most parts of Europe, your cash is held as a "client account" whereby they can't touch your money. At Degiro its different. there is no client account
your cash goes into a pool, a fund as it were which is in itself invested. should that investment go belly up, so has your cash..
just be aware
so its not the safest house for your money, and like any good rule, you should have multiple houses for your hard earned wealth.
so whilst you are holding shares in a company all great, and you liquidate that sale into cash...you are very much at their mercy
now im not saying you're not going to get that cash, im not trying to scaremonger, but i would advise not to hold all of your proverbial eggs in Degiro
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote