Help please- composing CV after being a home trader

This is a discussion on Help please- composing CV after being a home trader within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by scattydiva Thanks for this Tim, this has given me some things to think about. Really appreciated, thanks. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:22am   #17
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by scattydiva View Post
Thanks for this Tim, this has given me some things to think about. Really appreciated, thanks.
Hi scattydiva,
Glad it helps.

An afterthought: I suggest you put 'Retail Trader of financial markets' - or something similar (as opposed to just Retail Trader) - so they don't think you're peddlin' cheap knock-off perfume on street corners! On the relevant section of my CV I've put:
11/2007 - 08/2009 Retail Trader of U.S. equities (e.g. eBay and Amazon etc.) and U.S. index futures (Dow Jones)
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:07pm   #18
Joined Jul 2010
I wouldn't use retail trader. if you don't like portfolio manager then be options trader, fx trader, equity trader etc.
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:20pm   #19
Joined Mar 2002
Many years ago I interviewed someone for a software job. I saw an interesting bit on his CV which more or less said he was head trader at a fund or words to that effect. A couple of questions revealed basically he traded for himself at home. I was NOT impressed. The last thing anyone wants is to work with a complete bull**** artist.
Quiet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: scattydiva
Old Oct 19, 2017, 4:02pm   #20

Joined Jun 2016
A good reason for not using BS on a CV is that if the interviewer is taken in by it, then it's probably a company not worth working for if they are that easily deceived. If accepted for employment, you will then have the misfortune of having to work with/under similar people. This of course, is how many government departments/civil service end up being staffed with inadequate people.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 9:21pm   #21
Joined Sep 2017
I just call myself an Independent Forex Trader...

Just substitute "Forex" for whatever you trade
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: scattydiva
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:00pm   #22

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by scattydiva View Post
I took a career break to trade from home...
how long has this break been so far?
Kaeso is online now   Reply With Quote