How to get Investors for my trading ?

This is a discussion on How to get Investors for my trading ? within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by tar The calculation is a joke mate , you are assuming consecutive winnings ... My calculations a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:53am   #17
Joined Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
The calculation is a joke mate , you are assuming consecutive winnings ...
My calculations a joke ....LOL you are so negative Tar and that's twice now you have said that I am looking for consecutive winners, for the second time check your math mate

...heres a spreadsheet showing the calculations .....show me where excel gets it wrong

each trade takes you one step backwards or forwards on the results ladder, take trade 7 for example a win takes you to trade 8 a loss back to trade 6.

The only mistake is that the account balance should really read something like overall trade win results,

The account used to make the trades would need more than a £20 initial balance to place the trades. however the risk to the account that is used is only £20.
Attached Thumbnails
adams-spreadsheet.jpg  
Chalky_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:37am   #18
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky_trader View Post
So the calculations are indeed correct?

Re Margin, of course you need an account balance of more than £20....

the risk to your account of a loss however is not more than £20..

wiggle room..... its 2:1 Risk Reward.....

so 5 point stop = 10 point target

10 point stop needs 20 point target

100 point stop = 200 point target

all depends on what you are trading

2:1 or better is the Risk Reward that most look to achieve isn't it, is that unreasonable?

anyone else see a flaw in the strategy.....
The issue is you require increasing margin requirements, more than what's needed to meet the trade size to allow you to absorb the stop without a margin call. So the only way to avoid this would be to reduce your trade size and target larger targets which has limited reasonable scope. So let's say you target 50 pips then you need to nail what is a larger swing that is less frequent. It's not impossible but as Tar says with some. Modifications could work

Last edited by forker; Jan 3, 2017 at 8:53am.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:44am   #19
tar

Joined Nov 2006
I apologise to Chalky trader , looks your calculation is right . Still therotical though :

1- You are asking for more than 50% win rate with 2:1 reward to risk .

2- Hence your money is limited there is a good chance of risk of ruin before you reach your dreams . But still this version can be watered down a bit . For example risk 10 with a 1000 account .

Love it
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:49am   #20
tar

Joined Nov 2006
At which step are you at the moment ?
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:54am   #21
Joined Nov 2011
Quote:
I apologise to Chalky trader , looks your calculation is right . Still therotical though :

1- You are asking for more than 50% win rate with 2:1 reward to risk .

2- Hence your money is limited there is a good chance of risk of ruin before you reach your dreams . But still this version can be watered down a bit . For example risk 10 with a 1000 account .

Love it

Thanks Tar,,

there are a lot of variations that can be implemented like say taking some profit every 3rd trade which will clearly set you back but the risk is still the same.

may even be worth starting a thread and seeing if anyone manages it in 2017, its a low cost trade with a great goal

also inspires discipline as impulse trades are far less likely to be taken
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:56am   #22
Joined Nov 2011
Quote:
At which step are you at the moment ?
TBH I have never really given it a proper go, tend to bottle it and take profit when i should be running it.

however plan to give it a real shot in 2017
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:59am   #23
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky_trader View Post
TBH I have never really given it a proper go, tend to bottle it and take profit when i should be running it.

however plan to give it a real shot in 2017
Give it a thread if you can. Would be an interesting test
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:37am   #24
Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
Why aren't you on the big mirror sites ?

If you are doing ok then gradually you will build a following

N
What is a mirror site?
TexasRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote