I would like to ask the experienced traders

This is a discussion on I would like to ask the experienced traders within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; As i have seen so many traders do not trade on Monday because it is starting day of week. Many ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:01am   #17
Joined Apr 2016
As i have seen so many traders do not trade on Monday because it is starting day of week. Many experience trader has their own strategy about it that they learn the market on Monday and then place order on next day.
june_girl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:15am   #18
Joined Mar 2016
I Trade all day, every day.

As to Mondays ....very often my better day.
As to weekend positions............. if its 'juicy', its a Hold.
Mr Sept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:17am   #19

4 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
I trade FX and will trade everyday there is a set up..
I utilise a specific system that only looks at Thur Fri and Monday and trades to the new weekly pivot..

I will leave positions on over night and over the weekend EURAUD today on that big gap was a nice win :-) but basically i look for my TP and if the trade is showing no reason to get out.. i let it play out..
Some of my trades are on the 4hr .. so i expect them to last for days potentially.

Opening a trade during thin liquidity is always an issue when it comes to spread.. but i just limit it to 5 pips.. if its more.. i dont take it..
Deepsixitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:34pm   #20

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2016
Hi there! is there someone here trading in Philippine stock exchange? Especially newbies? Please visit my blog http://www.myinvestmentguide.net...
Pido is offline Trading Strategy Services   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:58pm   #21

Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
- I want to learn from experienced traders , whether you are trading on Monday and Friday ? I heard different opinions about it from acquaintances traders.

Another question.

- Do you not to leave the closed position for the weekend?
Lost certainly, stop loss and take profit exhibited .
it is best to trade when the low risk setups present themselves..whenever..day does not matter..if you are there when it happens then use the opportunity..never take a trade just for the sake of trading..wait for the best setup..be in on the 1 min or the daily chart..depends on your style and objectives

holding over weekend..again..depends on your style and objectives..it can go either way..if you don't want the risk..then close everything and open again when market reopens..but do not beat yourself up if market makes a big move and you miss out..as the market will always be moving..which is why waiting pays off in the longrun

in order to get the crock of gold..you must first<>find the right end of the rainbow
Lúidín is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pat494
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:19pm   #22
Joined Oct 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
- I want to learn from experienced traders , whether you are trading on Monday and Friday ? I heard different opinions about it from acquaintances traders.

Another question.

- Do you not to leave the closed position for the weekend?
Lost certainly, stop loss and take profit exhibited .
Monday and Friday are just normal days. If you trade long-term you'll keep positions over the weekend of course. Each trading style is different but statistically speaking you won't see any difference between wed and fri, just look at avg. range of daily market data
wintergasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:51pm   #23
tar

Joined Nov 2006
I don't like to trade FX - and most markets - in Friday's afternoon , the market is dying no blood in it no volume no volatility no reversals - most of the time - unlike the middle of the week .

GL
tar is offline   Reply With Quote