Home Trading From Ireland

This is a discussion on Home Trading From Ireland within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; If any home traders in Ireland are interested in discussing trading then please reply to get started. LML...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 31, 2015, 2:40am   #1

Joined May 2015
Home Trading From Ireland

If any home traders in Ireland are interested in discussing trading then please reply to get started.
LML
Lúidín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2015, 1:55am   #2

Joined May 2015
Lúidín started this thread I will try again.

Any home traders in Ireland feel free to reply if interested?

Lúidín
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:40pm   #3
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
I will try again.

Any home traders in Ireland feel free to reply if interested?

Lúidín

Hi, I am not based in Ireland, but I know one guy who runs some meetings in Ireland from time to time, and I believe he is based in Dublin. His name is Phillip Konchar. He also runs a type of live trading room/trader hangout space.

Anyways, his meetings might be a good way for you to meet some Ireland-based traders.

Good luck.

And for a honest look into trading, check out my T2W member profile (published Dec2015)
options-george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:30pm   #4

Joined May 2015
Lúidín started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by options-george View Post
Hi, I am not based in Ireland, but I know one guy who runs some meetings in Ireland from time to time, and I believe he is based in Dublin. His name is Phillip Konchar. He also runs a type of live trading room/trader hangout space.

Anyways, his meetings might be a good way for you to meet some Ireland-based traders.

Good luck.
Thx, but I am just looking for anyone in Ireland that is trading fulltime or part time, but doing it seriously.

I looked at his youtube video and it confirmed to me that he is just another car salesman. They can be found all over the place, but those who have worked it out on their own have no interest, or no need, to listen to anything they have to say about the markets.

Again, thx all the same, I know your reply was in good faith.

Lúidín
Old Nov 13, 2015, 9:31am   #5
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
Thx, but I am just looking for anyone in Ireland that is trading fulltime or part time, but doing it seriously.

I looked at his youtube video and it confirmed to me that he is just another car salesman. They can be found all over the place, but those who have worked it out on their own have no interest, or no need, to listen to anything they have to say about the markets.

Again, thx all the same, I know your reply was in good faith.

Lúidín
Yes, of course, no problem at all.

For me going to some network meetings and sometimes even meetings run by car salesman has sometimes really worked out and helped me to make some great contacts (though maybe it was sheer luck). For example, our little trading office comprising 3 full-time traders, in central London, happened to come purely out of sharing pints at one of the Traders Networking drinks. So for me, it has often worked out. I figure there's little down-side and a lot of upside potential.

Good luck!

And for a honest look into trading, check out my T2W member profile (published Dec2015)
options-george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:52pm   #6

9 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
Hi Luidin,

I'm a home based trader, concentrating on equities. Relatively new to trading, was spreadbetting full time for a number of months. Results were encouraging so i'm gearing up and changing over to a 'proper' broker.

This will give me more access to different strategies I want to explore, as well as drastically cutting down my trading costs!

What about yourself? What markets do you trade?

CG
CG - Stock Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:45pm   #7

Joined May 2015
Lúidín started this thread hi cg..been at it a while now..got distracted there for a bit..but getting back into the swing of things now..don't mind the rubbish posts on other threads..i will keep this thread serious

i normally daytrade us stocks only..reasons are much less riskier and much better opportunities than european markets..as i am not daytrading at the moment i am doing some small risk trades with options on es and crude oil

it's hard to actually find anyone seriously doing trading in ireland..there are a good few trading houses in dublin..but they are really only any good if you live there..which i don't..and they tend to make you stick to their ways of doing things..which are not that good

would be keen to keep in contact with any irish traders who trade from home..but i don't expect to find that many..as most give up after losing a bit of money

let's see what happens

in order to get the crock of gold..you must first<>find the right end of the rainbow
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:02pm   #8

9 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
US stocks are my only focus going forward. Concentrate on small to mid caps predominately, also use options either as a directional call with limited downside or a hedge.

I occasionally enter arbitrage positions/hedged strategies on the rare occasions where they exist at a wide enough level to offer attractive profit.

As for time frames I will have been focused on anything from a few days swing trade to the long term. Going forward I will be trying day trading on a small basis to get started. Was always preventing from day trading by the spread with my spread betting broker.

99% of people at home think what I do is the same as going into the bookies so i'm not surprised your finding it hard to find anyone seriously trading!

Options George is correct though, there are groups who meet up in Dublin fairly regularly.

Most of the trading houses in Dublin that i'm aware of predominately concentrate on forex, indices and commodities trading. I think London would be the best bet for finding a firm that trades equities.

CG
CG - Stock Trader is offline   Reply With Quote