Mr Spread Betting is back, be careful everyone

This is a discussion on Mr Spread Betting is back, be careful everyone within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; PB, all your posts at babypips have been expunged....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:29pm   #76
Joined Feb 2012
re: Mr Spread Betting is back, be careful everyone

PB, all your posts at babypips have been expunged.

The Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:46pm   #77
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leopard View Post
PB, all your posts at babypips have been expunged.

Unbelievable...

"I've read everything and I don't really care what people think. I want to learn from David, period!"

He's gonna learn alright.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: The Leopard
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:50pm   #78
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
Unbelievable...

"I've read everything and I don't really care what people think. I want to learn from David, period!"

He's gonna learn alright.

Peter
How does it work over there? I just tried to post and it said I couldn't because I've been put on ignore by the thread starter ("David Jefferson").

With features like that it seems like it's the real scammers' paradise.

We complain about T2W but this little episode at Babypips makes me think it really isn't all that bad here.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:52pm   #79
Joined Sep 2008

I don't post there I was just reading the thread for lulz. But you're right it really isn't that bad here compared to that stuff.

Peter
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:57pm   #80
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
I don't post there I was just reading the thread for lulz. But you're right it really isn't that bad here compared to that stuff.

Peter
It's awful. I honestly didn't realise how good we have it here - gurus over there, well, words fail me how they can protect themselves.

There'll be a few sorry morons at babypips, that's for sure.

Last edited by Trader333; Aug 6, 2012 at 8:12pm. Reason: language
Old Aug 6, 2012, 8:41pm   #81
Joined Oct 2006

By the way, has anyone been good enough to inform Jungerns about this opportunity?
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: The Leopard , wackypete2
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:38pm   #82

Joined Mar 2008

LOL "I have a contact list of various dealing desks which are based in Asia, France, London, Australia and the US which I personally pay over £3,500 per month for. "

I DON'T THINK SO SOMEHOW....
advfntrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2012, 3:49pm   #83
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
Let's see. Someone has just created this thread over there:

David Jefferson

Feel like adding something over there PB? I don't know the thread starter, but I'd imagine you won't be blocked from that particular thread.
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lightning McQueen
Old Aug 7, 2012, 3:58pm   #84

Joined Jul 2010

Quote:

David Jefferson

Feel like adding something over there PB? I don't know the thread starter, but I'd imagine you won't be blocked from that particular thread.
I started a very similar thread last night. Got shut down after 5 minutes for 'flaming' by a mod called pipzilla.

Here's my pm to him:

You remove my posts warning others of a potential scam artist at work because of flaming!

Babypips has really gone down hill. You let a con man such as DAVID JEFFERSON con others out of money and have the audacity to remove my posts.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:04pm   #85
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloquan View Post
I started a very similar thread last night. Got shut down after 5 minutes for 'flaming' by a mod called pipzilla.

Here's my pm to him:

You remove my posts warning others of a potential scam artist at work because of flaming!

Babypips has really gone down hill. You let a con man such as DAVID JEFFERSON con others out of money and have the audacity to remove my posts.

This thread has already been closed!

Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:04pm   #86

Joined Jul 2010

In addition to the above I decided to email the 'mod team' if you can call them that. A lose* fraternity of idiots if you ask me. Here is their response.

Thanks for the information. This is actually the first complaint regarding this user we've received. And we also see that he only has one thread in the forums started a little over two weeks ago.

We would hardly consider that an endorsement (which we don't give to anyone anyway).

It does look to be an active thread with many users voicing their feelings for and against David Jefferson. I see that our moderators have removed posts in that thread for various reasons, so they know the thread exists. I will discuss this matter with them for some background.

I would like to state that we are often faced with heated discussions between our members, usually regarding the credibility of another member. We ultimately like to leave it in the hands of members to decide who they want to trust, using the experiences of others to formulate that decision if they like. Now, if Forum Policies are broken, we step in. If there's foolproof evidence of a wrong doing, we step in. But most situations of credibility or value or worth aren't as clear cut as that. We like to use the SPAM email analogy here: SPAM email to one person is a waste of time and productivity drain, but in the right circumstance, to another it's exactly what he was looking for. Now we're not saying this is the case here; we'll need to do a bit of investigating.

We'll look into David Jefferson and his forum behavior and see if we've missed something. Please feel free to respond to this email with anything else you'd like to share. Thanks for your time.

--
BabyPips.com Support Team
support@babypips.com

Facebook - BabyPips | Facebook
Twitter - Forex Gump (BabyPips) on Twitter
Google + - https://plus.google.com/101834145845701195741/posts
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:05pm   #87

Joined Feb 2004

Quote:

David Jefferson

good stuff, now it'll be interesting to see if they bin it.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:07pm   #88
Joined Sep 2008

It seems babypips is killing all the posts and threads that warn of scams. Their headline says, "The beginner's guide to forex training" but they allow such cr@p, scams, and con artists post away and feast off the newbies they are attracting. Something is amiss for sure.

Peter
Thanks! The following members like this post: The Leopard
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:07pm   #89

Joined Jul 2010

Quote:

This thread has already been closed!

Got taken down quicker than a whores knickers in soho.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:09pm   #90
Joined Sep 2008

Anyway, I don't really give a sh1t about babypips. I post here

Back to our regularly scheduled lulz...

Peter