British Airways

This is a discussion on British Airways within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Seriously, do the staff not get it? They're striking their way on to the dole. I, for one, will never ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 24, 2010, 6:53am   #1
Joined Feb 2008
British Airways

Seriously, do the staff not get it? They're striking their way on to the dole. I, for one, will never fly BA again having been a loyal passenger for fear of some lefty making me miss my flight.

Strikes workwhen the government pay you, not a private entity. Bring back Maggie.
gooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010, 7:37am   #2
Joined Nov 2001
Re: British Airways

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman View Post
Seriously, do the staff not get it? They're striking their way on to the dole. I, for one, will never fly BA again having been a loyal passenger for fear of some lefty making me miss my flight.

Strikes workwhen the government pay you, not a private entity. Bring back Maggie.
Cabin staff who are going out on strike are educated people. They have had plenty of time to think things out, apart from what the union leaders think. Some have left the union but I don't get it, either. What are these striking members on about? There must be something very serious to their interests that they are worried about to keep sabotaging their employer like this.

Times have changed, too, when pilots are prepared to do cabin crews jobs. I am a retired MN Chief Officer. Ask me to do a steward's job? No thanks.

I admit that I don't know all the facts but this much is for sure. No one goes on strile in these troubled times without a good reason. What is it?
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010, 9:27am   #3

Joined Sep 2001

Travel perks which they regard as being a "right" not a privilege. They are angry because they feel they have been robbed of free flights and of getting flights for 10% for family and friends. They are outraged and believe they can beat management.

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010, 9:35am   #4
Joined Feb 2008

gooseman started this thread fck em. it'll be plenty more serious when they lose their jobs and get paid 30% less at virgin.
gooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010, 9:38am   #5
Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman View Post
fck em. it'll be plenty more serious when they lose their jobs and get paid 30% less at virgin.
This what I am puzzled about. They must know this.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010, 9:53am   #6

Joined Jan 2007

I don't think they give a ****. It's a troublesome contingent at Heathrow as far as I can tell, everyone else hates em.
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2010, 10:20am   #7
Joined Nov 2008

Never any mention of the merger with Iberia, or that Walsh raised an extra $1bl of debt this time last year, the airline industry is in a total mess and hasn't recovered from the huge spike in crude prices in 2008...IMHO all airlines have to adapt and in some ways adopt the Easy Jet pay scale...why should a BA pilot and or cabin staff rake in more than comparative employees working on Singapore airlines putting the same hours in and getting a half the pay? It's inevitable, given the globalisation irony that airlines suffer from, that prices will have to drop to find a common level and likewise wages for all...Be at bit worrying to think as Michael Moore put it that "the guy piloting your aircraft is on welfare stamps" but heh ho..
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote