The Final Holy Grail Journal Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Final Holy Grail Journal Discussion Thread within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by wackypete2 hehe...my turn to wind somebody up! Peter Ah OK! You're too stupid to understand an order ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 10, 2010, 7:20pm   #281
Joined Dec 2006
Re: The final Holy Grail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
hehe...my turn to wind somebody up!

Peter
Ah OK!
You're too stupid to understand an order or a request, excuse me
medbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2010, 7:36pm   #282
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by medbs View Post
Ah OK!
You're too stupid to understand an order or a request, excuse me
order = "Get out of my thread, Go On!"

request = "So please: No criticizes before the end of the month of May"

Lately you're been Long on orders and Short on requests.

Good luck with that.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 12:09am   #283
Joined Jan 2009

damnit you let him off the hook, for a minute there he was riled but now he's safely back into his teenage fantasist bubble.
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 10:22am   #284
Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmac View Post
Medbs, as I was asking y/day and you replied that you don't see it happening, with Brown effectively resigning y/day and removing a stumbling block to the possible Lib-Lab coalition, those 2 parties now in formal talks, what if a Lib-Lab coalition is announced later today and the gbpusd sells off as is the most likely reaction? Will you still hold the 5150 area long below the last 4474 Low?

Of course anything can happen and a Con-Lib colation or even a Tory Moinority govt are also possibilities, the first of which might more likely see a rally in gbpusd ?

G/L
Do you see it as that exclusive? I kept shaking my head whilst listening to so many talking heads in the mainstream media over the weekend saying that "the markets need an answer by Monday, otherwise it Brown Monday" etc...That silly rhetoric was thankfully removed yesterday when the much much bigger issue of the Eurozone and the inevitable continuation of the great recession (we're still in) reared its head...
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 10:35am   #285

Joined Jan 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
Do you see it as that exclusive? I kept shaking my head whilst listening to so many talking heads in the mainstream media over the weekend saying that "the markets need an answer by Monday, otherwise it Brown Monday" etc...That silly rhetoric was thankfully removed yesterday when the much much bigger issue of the Eurozone and the inevitable continuation of the great recession (we're still in) reared its head...
For this pairing, I do see the immediate short-term direction of the pairing as that exclusive yes....ie 4 poss scenarios and most likely knee-jerk (+ ?) market reactions to both

a. Con-Lib Formal coaltion-likely gbpusd rise
b. Lab-Lib Forma coaltion-likely gbpusd fall
c. Conservatiove minority govt with lib dems abstaining on queens speech and budget...more difficult to say, but more likely some gbpusd rise
d. Lib's saying no formal coaltion and will oppose above by conservative so new election....gbpusd likely sell-off

G/L
Old May 11, 2010, 10:49am   #286
Joined Jan 2009

Sterling is going to sell off anyway when phase 2 of the credit crunch kicks in.

I find it preposterous how the deficit is a side issue as these preening peacocks strut around making overtures to each other, whilst solemnly declaring "we need to do what is best for the country". Of course the only objective is naked self interest. But the deficit is still there and the day of reckoning is fast approaching, it doesn't matter who is in power.

I hope that Labour does tie up with the Liberals, and are in charge when the ship finally hits the rocks. Only that way will we finally get the Conservative government we need, to sort the unholy mess out.
Thanks! The following members like this post: rathcoole_exile
Old May 11, 2010, 11:12am   #287
Joined Aug 2003

What I find quite puzzling is
Should labour get together with the libdems, they would have 315 odd seats, still not enough for a majority. And the tories can cause a lot of problems for the pact by simply getting together with a few independents on key issues.
Should the libdems go with the conservatives, then yes they have an outright majority,
It almost seems suicidal for the libdems to even contemplate any sort of alliance with labour, so why are they even talking to labour?
gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 11:21am   #288
Joined Jan 2009

They will be taking immense pleasure from finding themselves in this position. They've gone from being the wallflower to sudden and intense courting from two directions. They SHOULD explore all options open to them ---- why on earth not? Also, don't forget the polled 6mio votes, fairly respectable, so they are well within their rights to side with whichever party they believe will bring them the PR they want (this is the only thing they care about, the economy is a very distant issue).

I do agree that if Libs join with Labour it looks simply terrible. So for that reason, I hope this is what happens, and we get a second election within six months and these cockroaches are kicked into the long grass.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:28am   #289

Joined Jan 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma View Post
Should labour get together with the libdems, they would have 315 odd seats, still not enough for a majority. And the tories can cause a lot of problems for the pact by simply getting together with a few independents on key issues.
Should the libdems go with the conservatives, then yes they have an outright majority,
It almost seems suicidal for the libdems to even contemplate any sort of alliance with labour, so why are they even talking to labour?
lab+libs = 53% of the electorate (tories 36%) add in the scottish and welsh minor parties and you get 258+57+8+3 = 326, the majority needed especially as sin fein don't turn up to vote anyway (5 seats) so there it is....a progressive alliance (so-called) that can re-centre the balance of power in the Uk, this is what is exciting about it, this could lead to abolition of monarchy and all the hangers on, directly elected police chiefs and judges, bottom uppower not top down paternal govt etc.....a real revolution, up the workers!!! Or am I just dreaming...in any event I'm on the wrong thread-lol!!
Old May 11, 2010, 11:32am   #290

Joined May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma View Post
Because from a party point of view, a pact with the Tories in cutting mode would be equally suicidal. From their own point of view, the best thing would be to withdraw to the sidelines and let Cameron get on with it, if he can.
montmorencyt2w is offline   Reply With Quote