The Final Holy Grail Journal Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Final Holy Grail Journal Discussion Thread within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by new_trader Donít put yourselves on a pedestal...please. Look at how many times other people have been shot ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 6, 2010, 11:07am   #141
Joined Dec 2006
Re: The final Holy Grail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Donít put yourselves on a pedestal...please. Look at how many times other people have been shot down in flames for trying to impart their hard earned trading knowledge...tight STOPS anyone?

People must either conform to the sickening ethos and mainstream thinking of this forum or they get shot down in flames.

If only you others could SILENTLY sit there smugly knowing what would happen, just like medbs requested. I sincerely hope medbs succeeds with his journal and does NOT tell anyone about his system thereby keeping the undesirables in the dark, where they belong!


Carry on blustering
Thank you for your support and all of your posts.
medbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 11:25am   #142
 
Hoggums's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Re: The final Holy Grail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Donít put yourselves on a pedestal...please. Look at how many times other people have been shot down in flames for trying to impart their hard earned trading knowledge...tight STOPS anyone?

People must either conform to the sickening ethos and mainstream thinking of this forum or they get shot down in flames.

If only you others could SILENTLY sit there smugly knowing what would happen, just like medbs requested. I sincerely hope medbs succeeds with his journal and does NOT tell anyone about his system thereby keeping the undesirables in the dark, where they belong!


Carry on blustering
So we all keep quiet and more newcomers arrive, read this and think - I can do that and subsequently blow their account - perhaps their life savings after a few weeks of getting it right following this method.

That would be irresponsible.

I don't care if people disagree but I think it is important that the "dark" side of such a strategy is highlighted.
__________________
Hoggums

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 11:27am   #143
Joined Apr 2010
Re: The final Holy Grail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggums View Post
So we all keep quiet and more newcomers arrive, read this and think - I can do that and subsequently blow their account - perhaps their life savings after a few weeks of getting it right following this method.

That would be irresponsible.

I don't care if people disagree but I think it is important that the "dark" side of such a strategy is highlighted.
Hoggums, I fully agree with you. It is immoral NOT to highlight the dangers of this "strategy".

TR
traderunner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 12:27pm   #144
 
montmorencyt2w's Avatar
Joined May 2008
Re: The final Holy Grail!

I started out defending this chap, or at least challenging some of the challenges, but I must admit some of the trades have got a bit more bizarre as the thread has gone on (can't really honestly say "progressed"). But while I don't go along with some of the main criticisms made (I do agree with others), my main problem with the thread and the OP has been:

1- The ridiculous thread title, and the apparent arrogance it betrays. It reminds me of the teenage wonders we get on here from time to time. Really, there should be an age limit on access to the net ... no one under 21 (and no one under 35 should be able to vote :-) ). Assuming you are over 21 chap for goodness sake try to get the thread title changed, or start a new one and get the mods to delete this one (copy over your trades, minus the arrogance).

2. The lingering suspicion that behind all this he is going to try and sell something, which I don't think he's denied, not that he has done much to inspire buyers so far.


I'm guessing that English is not his native language and this may be part of the problem. If he meant "Holy Grail" in an ironic way, perhaps he lacks the English skills to get this across linguistically. Also, given the way the thread was initially presented, what is sadly lacking is at least an occasional balance or summary sheet. Still he said it would go on until the end of May, so it's early days yet really isn't it?
montmorencyt2w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 12:32pm   #145
Joined Jan 2009
Re: The final Holy Grail!

It reminds me of that scene from the third Indiana Jones film when the nasty German grabs the cup which he thinks is the holy grail, drinks the water and then disintegrates. The 900 year old knight watches on gravely and intones "He has chosen ... poorly".
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 12:35pm   #146
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Re: The final Holy Grail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggums View Post
So we all keep quiet and more newcomers arrive, read this and think - I can do that and subsequently blow their account - perhaps their life savings after a few weeks of getting it right following this method.

That would be irresponsible.

I don't care if people disagree but I think it is important that the "dark" side of such a strategy is highlighted.
You actually believe...actually believe that you are acting responsibly

I consider 99.9% of the advice in this entire forum to be irresponsible nonsense...so am I acting irresponsibly by keeping quiet? I've tried in earnest to get people to think differently and what did I get in return? Scorn, criticism, banningís and threats of a ban, but still, my favourite is "EACH TO THEIR OWN". What an un-f*cking believable contradiction to your ideal, don't you think?

So...is it "each to their own" or do I don a Super-hero cape like you and the rest of the undesirables and swoop in to 'save' newcomers from the appalling advice being regurgitated from thread to thread?

WASP was one of the most respected members in this forum, constantly being praised and gaining adoration for his advice...What happened to him?

What about 'The Expert', look what happened when he tried to impart his trading advice. The undesirables focus way too much attention on the way content is delivered rather than the content itself.

Anyway, the Internet is littered with websites offering 100% systems...you better get busy
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time."
-Jesse Livermore


CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2010, 12:41pm   #147
Joined Jan 2009
Re: The final Holy Grail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
You actually believe...actually believe that you are acting responsibly

I consider 99.9% of the advice in this entire forum to be irresponsible nonsense...so am I acting irresponsibly by keeping quiet? I've tried in earnest to get people to think differently and what did I get in return? Scorn, criticism, banningís and threats of a ban, but still, my favourite is "EACH TO THEIR OWN". What an un-f*cking believable contradiction to your ideal, don't you think?

So...is it "each to their own" or do I don a Super-hero cape like you and the rest of the undesirables and swoop in to 'save' newcomers from the appalling advice being regurgitated from thread to thread?

WASP was one of the most respected members in this forum, constantly being praised and gaining adoration for his advice...What happened to him?

What about 'The Expert', look what happened when he tried to impart his trading advice. The undesirables focus way too much attention on the way content is delivered rather than the content itself.

Anyway, the Internet is littered with websites offering 100% systems...you better get busy
Mate, you have some serious anger issues. I've never seen anything from you other than "this is all a bunch of crap, you're all talking crap/bluster" etc etc. You never actually say anything of any value whatsoever.

Can I ask, why do you even bother posting? Are you addressing some deep-rooted pyschological need to lash out at people?
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2 , Hoggums , STRTRADA
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The final Holy Grail! medbs Trading Journals 651 Jun 10, 2010 5:21pm
Holy Grail anyone? FloorTrader T2W Feedback & Announcements 5 Jun 9, 2009 12:09am
Holy Cow it's the Holy Grail! techst Trading Systems 1 Feb 29, 2004 6:51pm
Holy Grail ChartMan Technical Analysis 0 Feb 20, 2001 8:11pm
Holy Grail ChartMan Technical Analysis 1 Feb 19, 2001 9:53pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)