Liquid Capital or Liquid Trading?

This is a discussion on Liquid Capital or Liquid Trading? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Are they one in the same firm or does the much smaller outfit (Liquid Trading) have a deliberately confusing name? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:05pm   #1
Joined Nov 2008
Liquid Capital or Liquid Trading?

Are they one in the same firm or does the much smaller outfit (Liquid Trading) have a deliberately confusing name? Long time since I've visited a website that looks as though Sonny Crockett designed it with his Ray Bans still on...

http://www.liquidtrading.co.uk/
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:10pm   #2

Joined Sep 2005
Re: Liquid Capital or Liquid Trading?

Can't say for certain but they look like separate firms. Liquid Capital is an Oz based Options Market Making firm. Liquid Trading looks more like a firm which provides market access, support, IT and operations to market participants - they seem like a prop trading services company from their website .
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:50pm   #3
Joined Nov 2008

Black Swan started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
Can't say for certain but they look like separate firms. Liquid Capital is an Oz based Options Market Making firm. Liquid Trading looks more like a firm which provides market access, support, IT and operations to market participants - they seem like a prop trading services company from their website .
if you were to work at a prop Co.'s desk (using your own cash) what questions would you ask and what (right) answers would you be looking for? TIA
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:40pm   #4

Joined Sep 2005

I think the main focus of my questions would be based on costs, infrastructure and reliability.

Obviously, if I was a high frequency algo guy, I'd be looking for low latency and redundancy options. I have no experience in this type of trading though, so I'd be looking into the costs per trade/RT and desk fees.

Trading LSE equities, £1.20 - 1.60 per filled transaction + exchange fee for aggressor charges is reasonable for prop firm. I am not so sure about futures but, from what I've heard, around £0.50 per round turn is relatively good for a high volume scalper (most retail firms charge around £5 per RT). However, these prices are for if you are backed by the house - I'm not sure if the charges would come down if you risk your own cash.

Regarding a desk and trading setup - anything from £1500 - £3000 per month is about right depending on the use of TT/RTS or other trading software, Reuters/Bloomberg info terminals, CQG charting, Squawk, etc.

Last edited by Jaydee; Jan 27, 2010 at 3:46pm.
Jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote