Make Pocket Money From the Markets?

This is a discussion on Make Pocket Money From the Markets? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; I am in learning process in forex trading. I have a forex demo account and quite comfortable there. But I ...

View Poll Results: Make Pocket Money From the Markets?
Yes 8 40.00%
No 8 40.00%
Sometimes 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:33am   #29
Joined Dec 2009
Re: Make Pocket Money From the Markets?

I am in learning process in forex trading. I have a forex demo account and quite comfortable there. But I still in search of a good and believable forex site to join and earn from forex trading. I have only $150 to start. Can I make just $10 profit each day? Pl. guide me.
james_smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:44am   #30
D70
Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_smart View Post
I am in learning process in forex trading. I have a forex demo account and quite comfortable there. But I still in search of a good and believable forex site to join and earn from forex trading. I have only $150 to start. Can I make just $10 profit each day? Pl. guide me.
$10 a day on $150 is 6% a day..... obviously this is not possible.
But keep learning and put all of this down to experience. You wont find any site that earns your money trading forex (but please prove me wrong).
D70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2009, 4:33pm   #31
Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb325 View Post
I'd go work at Macdonalds for a year, save my 10k, then make £1200/day and compound 12% a day for the rest of my life (ignoring the psychological stuff, we all know about that).

If i was making £12/day on a 10k account i think i'd have to think twice about whether i'm cut out for this...
It is the hardest thing to ignore the psychological 'stuff.' You get there, my friend, and you are a professional trader. You can make 12 or 12k quid a day soon enough. But that psychological mountain is a hard one to cross.
ilir.shkurti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2009, 4:39pm   #32

Joined Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilir.shkurti View Post
It is the hardest thing to ignore the psychological 'stuff.' You get there, my friend, and you are a professional trader. You can make 12 or 12k quid a day soon enough. But that psychological mountain is a hard one to cross.
Please don't patronise me, I said 'ignoring the psychological stuff' purely for the sake of the example, not because I think it has little or no effect.
mb325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2009, 5:24pm   #33
Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb325 View Post
Please don't patronise me, I said 'ignoring the psychological stuff' purely for the sake of the example, not because I think it has little or no effect.
You must be referring to my use of 'my friend,' for which I apologize if it felt like patronizing. The rest of the post was meant as a courteous observation of a fact. You see, it is hard letting go of the emotional and psychological, not only in trading.

Cheers and much success!

Ilir
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:24pm   #34

7 Posts
Joined Oct 2008

I'm in a fortunate/unfortunate position in that I have been medically retired on the basis that I have had cancer 9 times. This means that my pension and my wifes salary cover our essentials (mortgage etc) and anything I make is beer tokens for the weekend so i'm quite content if I am making £10 per day from trading. My only problem is that I am still very much a novice and still trying to find my way of making £10 per day.

Any advice or suggestions are most appreciated.

Sorry if this is a thread hijack.

Thanks
Lawrie7062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2009, 7:31pm   #35
Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrie7062 View Post
I'm in a fortunate/unfortunate position in that I have been medically retired on the basis that I have had cancer 9 times. This means that my pension and my wifes salary cover our essentials (mortgage etc) and anything I make is beer tokens for the weekend so i'm quite content if I am making £10 per day from trading. My only problem is that I am still very much a novice and still trying to find my way of making £10 per day.

Any advice or suggestions are most appreciated.

Sorry if this is a thread hijack.

Thanks
Sorry to hear your medical mishaps, but I gotta say you are quite a survivor.

In the link below I have info on the way I trade. While definitely not available on a beer token budget, it may give you a basis for papertrading. Then, a few months down the line, if you can spare $1,000 - $5,000 you may jump in and make something around your target with moderated risk. The thread is: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/futu...ding-gaps.html
Thanks! The following members like this post: theSheik