Make Pocket Money From the Markets?

This is a discussion on Make Pocket Money From the Markets? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by Paul71 12 quid a day...a micro-lot account...100 quid to start the account...1 hour a day infront of ...

View Poll Results: Make Pocket Money From the Markets?
Yes 8 40.00%
No 8 40.00%
Sometimes 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:22pm   #9
Joined Mar 2007
Re: Make Pocket Money From the Markets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul71 View Post
12 quid a day...a micro-lot account...100 quid to start the account...1 hour a day infront of the screens...a forex mega droid...6 cans of special-brew...20 cigs...3 microwavable meals costing a pound each...ipod with good tunes on...

Wot more would a person want out of life?
Missed the most important part

oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: zupcon , Paul71
Old Dec 4, 2009, 6:59pm   #10

Joined Sep 2009

LostPigeonCoo started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul71 View Post
12 quid a day...a micro-lot account...100 quid to start the account...1 hour a day infront of the screens...a forex mega droid...6 cans of special-brew...20 cigs...3 microwavable meals costing a pound each...ipod with good tunes on...

Wot more would a person want out of life?
A lover as well
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:00pm   #11
Joined Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post

The belly dancer yes, but who are the four wierdos dancing around her, let me think....it's not four T2W forum guides is it?
Paul71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 4:12pm   #12

Joined Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPigeonCoo View Post
A lover as well
Why, are you an amputee?
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 6:23pm   #13

Joined Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by oildaytrader View Post

They say that when you learn about different cultures you become a better person. I think I was better off five minutes ago when I was more ignorant.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 7:09pm   #14

Joined Aug 2005

Quote:
Would you say you earn Pocket money from trading the Markets? is it worth your while if you can only make £50 a day?
Do you still prefer trading from home earning as much if you was at work?
What if you only earned about £12 a day' trading? would you still stick to trading?
If you can make £12 on the majority of days (no matter how many hours it takes you) and your losing days don't set you back more than a whopping £4 - £6, you should get very, very excited.

Scale it up. You're going to be very rich.

On reflection though, I'm not sure if that is what you are asking. If you are just asking would someone work if £12 was the most they could make...the answer for me and I imagine most people, would be emphatically no!

In fact, if the wages were the same, I would probably rather work in MacDonalds than trading. As much as I love the game for the game, the money is the major perk for me more so than all the other reasons that are touted by people trying to get you into this game.

Playing devils advocate for the moment, none of the "perks" of trading are really perks at all - for me anyway.

1. The perk of being able to work from home and be your own boss

I find working from home lonely and depressing. Yes you are free to get up at 10am if you want and if you do you probably missed a move which will cost you later. Yes you are free to go for a 2 hour coffee break if you want. It's really fun sitting in Starbucks on your own. I know. I do it every day. Being my own boss doesn't compensate me for having no one to see since all my mates are in a 9-5. Plus, when you f*ck up - you don't have a boss to b*tch about. You have to take all the responsibility yourself. Hence you better get used to the headache of constant beratement and thinking/analysing your own mistakes.

2. The perk of not needing to rent an office

No instead, I buy a PC that sets me up back almost £2,500, then you rent Ran, you rent CQG, you pay for Bloomberg, you pay for exchange access, you pay for spreads...that sh*t alone sets you back more than an office in Mayfair from which to run your little start-up.

3. You can trade from anywhere in the world

Yes you can theoretically sit on a beach sipping Pina Coladas and trading. I wonder just why none of the big traders I know aren't doing that? Infact, how many traders are doing that, apart from perhaps Rathcoole?

Anyway, apologies, I'm off on a tangent.

Working in MacDonalds (for the same wage) would be much more sociable, much less emotionally draining and have more perks.

Honestly.

Increasing trader performance: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...rformance.html

Advice for getting a job in trading: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...b-trading.html

Last edited by trader_dante; Dec 5, 2009 at 7:22pm.
trader_dante is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tenbobtrader , ceydababy
Old Dec 5, 2009, 7:25pm   #15
Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Would you say you earn Pocket money from trading the Markets? is it worth your while if you can only make £50 a day?
Do you still prefer trading from home earning as much if you was at work?
What if you only earned about £12 a day' trading? would you still stick to trading?
It's all relative to your other sources of income and whethe you do it for necessity or as a pastime.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2009, 9:02pm   #16
D70
Joined Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
It's all relative to your other sources of income and whethe you do it for necessity or as a pastime.
At last......!!!!
A sensible comment on this thread.

IT'S ALL RELATIVE!!!

The great point I think tho is that your trading brings you out UP rather than DOWN on your bank balance, so instead of playing a computer game that just takes up time and money (cost of game)...... you are using your time to play a computer game (trading) and make a bit of cash TO DO STUFF WITH (small or large as i say is ALL RELATIVE)........waa hoo!! Happy days.
D70 is offline   Reply With Quote