High Frequency Trading

This is a discussion on High Frequency Trading within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi. I guess this isn't really relevant for most of us but it is interesting to see where trading is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:07pm   #1
Dio

3 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
High Frequency Trading

Hi. I guess this isn't really relevant for most of us but it is interesting to see where trading is heading. It is becoming more computerised and automated and access to information is vital. Cannot help but feel that is somewhat unfair. I guess this article refers to level 2 data and using very fast computerised 'algos' to buy and sell before the rest of the traders can get a turn to do that or I may be wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/bu...ding.html?_r=1
Dio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2009, 9:41am   #2
Joined Sep 2004
A fair few other threads on this issue here on T2W - you might wanna seek them out. It's not particularly new, it's just only now the general public are starting to be aware of it....
Old Nov 13, 2009, 9:52am   #3
Joined Nov 2008
and how long do you think even solo individual traders have been using programmes on, for example, meta trader to trade? Automation, in all its forms, it's the (not very) new garlic bread...
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2009, 12:26pm   #4
Joined Sep 2004
Nice - like the Phoenix Nights reference there.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 2:12pm   #5
Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaJammer View Post
Nice - like the Phoenix Nights reference there.
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote