Is this likely to be any good, what do you think?

This is a discussion on Is this likely to be any good, what do you think? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi Just had this sent to me, http://tradingclubs.co.uk/web/ it sounds great but I don't have enough experience to pick holes ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 7, 2009, 12:06pm   #1
Joined Jan 2006
Is this likely to be any good, what do you think?

Hi Just had this sent to me,

http://tradingclubs.co.uk/web/

it sounds great but I don't have enough experience to pick holes in it, so I am asking do you think it will be all it claims or is it just another fantastic claim that will achieve very little.

I get lots of mazing offers like this claiming all sorts, all the time, as we all do I suppose, but I am always hoping that one day one of them will actually be workable.

This one makes it look like you could do it even if you only had one brain cell and shared it. "All you have to be able to do is send emails" etc etc.

Any input appreciated.
happyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:28pm   #2

Joined Apr 2008
Well,brief look.... it says its not trading, its a sales business.
If your here to learn to trade then this is not the thing.
glyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2009, 3:38pm   #3

Joined Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhero View Post
Hi Just had this sent to me,

http://tradingclubs.co.uk/web/

it sounds great but I don't have enough experience to pick holes in it, so I am asking do you think it will be all it claims or is it just another fantastic claim that will achieve very little.

I get lots of mazing offers like this claiming all sorts, all the time, as we all do I suppose, but I am always hoping that one day one of them will actually be workable.

This one makes it look like you could do it even if you only had one brain cell and shared it. "All you have to be able to do is send emails" etc etc.

Any input appreciated.
Of course there is money to be made from screwing people out of their money, there is a never ending stream of chumps quite willing to be robbed.

But instead of setting up a signals website why don't you just go and mug people in the street, it's more of an adrenaline rush and you have the joy of seeing your victims suffer directly rather than just getting off on imagining them suffer.
virtuos0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2009, 4:19pm   #4
Joined Nov 2008
this type of sell always reminds me of that Simpsons episode - I married Marge.. "it's not pyramid selling, it's the trapezoid system.." eat my shorts suckers

Seminar speaker:

"First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes you've been hearing about. No sir. Our model is the trapezoid scheme, guaranteed to give you an eight-hundred percent return...." (sirens are heard, and he jumps out the window)

Click the image to open in full size.
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Paul71 , Jack Hughes
Old Nov 7, 2009, 4:26pm   #5
Joined Nov 2009
If i had a trading system that could bring in these types of returns why on earth would I make my living selling the system.. i would sell my house/wife/kids.. leverage it all up 200% and make a killing!.. you have to be cynical in this game.. learn for yourself by trading with a small pot of cash.. run stop losses so you dont go broke.. eventually after many losses you will develop a system you are happy with.. promoting a tipping service like this will make you plenty of enemies.. lose and learn is my advice!
dealer911 is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2009, 5:17pm   #6
Joined Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
this type of sell always reminds me of that Simpsons episode - I married Marge.. "it's not pyramid selling, it's the trapezoid system.." eat my shorts suckers

Seminar speaker:

"First, let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes you've been hearing about. No sir. Our model is the trapezoid scheme, guaranteed to give you an eight-hundred percent return...." (sirens are heard, and he jumps out the window)

Click the image to open in full size.

System sellers, signal providers, coaches, trainers etc etc are all the same, they are all trying to cash in on the mug punter. Yes, i actually put the so called 'instructors' into the same catagory as the 'snake oil' sales types, these are not professional instructors in the main. These are unqualified types that like to refer to themselves as instructors, most of these types are only self taught traders and have no real credentials. They are mainly unregulated and are not members of any professional bodies or associations that overlook trading as a business.
Paul71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2009, 7:14pm   #7
Joined Jan 2006
happyhero started this thread Ok guys, I am a bit of an amateur at investing and I am still learning but I get the message I will avoid this like the plague, many thanks for all the inputs.
happyhero is offline   Reply With Quote