Any success stories from retail traders?

This is a discussion on Any success stories from retail traders? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hello guys, We`ve heard about all the failures and and shattered dreams in the trading world. The failure rate is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 31, 2009, 5:10pm   #1
Joined Jul 2008
Any success stories from retail traders?

Hello guys,

We`ve heard about all the failures and and shattered dreams in the trading world. The failure rate is without doubt very high.

While it is very important to consider all the failures, I think it would be inspiring and energizing to hear about the guys who made it as well.

So, any success stories on this board or from people you know?

I would very much like to hear about success stories from retail traders who`ve managed to make consistent profits in the market over time, without taking extreme risk, being lucky or in the right place at the right time, etc.

I hope to contribute to this thread one day, but at the moment I still consider myself a student who hopefully will go live early 2010 with the goal of eventually becoming a full-time trader

Thanks in advance for sharing,

Regards,

Johnny

Last edited by JohnnyForex; Oct 31, 2009 at 7:52pm. Reason: Due to Paul`s comment, I changed "excessive risk" to "extreme risk", which is more appropriate:)
JohnnyForex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 7:20pm   #2
Joined Nov 2008
Yes thanks, but saving it for my book...
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 7:23pm   #3

Joined Jan 2007
I know some very successful retail traders on this board (and, er, two off board); one obvious one coming to mind will fairly regularly have 50 lots on in FTSE (500pp).
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 7:25pm   #4
Joined Feb 2007
JohnnyForex,

I thought i may have been able to help you out, but then i read "without taking excessive risk", sorry mate, can't help you.
Paul71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 7:50pm   #5
Joined Jul 2008
JohnnyForex started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul71 View Post
JohnnyForex,

I thought i may have been able to help you out, but then i read "without taking excessive risk", sorry mate, can't help you.
Please share anyway

I`m very comfortable assuming risk and will trade highly leveraged instruments when I start up (and have done so in the past when I first started out), but obviously if you are taking extreme risk, which perhaps would better describe what I meant, trading becomes gambling.

What do you think?
JohnnyForex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2009, 1:25pm   #6
Joined Jul 2009
lol weird i don't really know any retail millionaires
TAjammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:28am   #7
Joined Mar 2007
I know many who have blown their accounts .Just let me know and I will pm you a list.

Very few profitable ones, many retired and in forced retirement due to lack of additional funds.
oildaytrader is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote