EOD Data...

This is a discussion on EOD Data... within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; I'm just wondering the difference between indicators calculated on EOD data and live data on a daily TF would be? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 10, 2009, 5:17pm   #1

Joined May 2008
EOD Data...

I'm just wondering the difference between indicators calculated on EOD data and live data on a daily TF would be? Would the indicators look different in any way? I am sure the answer is no, but I want to be sure as its annoying me.

This is most likely to be a very short thread, but hey.

Cheers

Old Aug 10, 2009, 5:53pm   #2

Joined Jun 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossini View Post
I'm just wondering the difference between indicators calculated on EOD data and live data on a daily TF would be? Would the indicators look different in any way? I am sure the answer is no, but I want to be sure as its annoying me.

This is most likely to be a very short thread, but hey.

Cheers
Wouldn't this depend on the particular indicator and the relative importance in its formula of any eod-dependent inputs eg. hi/lo/close which can only be truly ascertained after close?

It's an interesting question - what indicator(s) do you have in mind?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 11:32pm   #3
Joined Oct 2006
tp the best of my knowledge, changing time frame shouldn't effect any indicator.
if an indicator is using last bar OHLC, than it doesn't matter whether it's daily, 5,10,35 or 1123 minutes...
amnonco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:39am   #4

Joined May 2008
Rossini started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0007 View Post
Wouldn't this depend on the particular indicator and the relative importance in its formula of any eod-dependent inputs eg. hi/lo/close which can only be truly ascertained after close?

It's an interesting question - what indicator(s) do you have in mind?
I was thinking stochastics, MA's, OsMA's, that kind of thing....

Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:46am   #5

Joined May 2008
Rossini started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnonco View Post
tp the best of my knowledge, changing time frame shouldn't effect any indicator.
if an indicator is using last bar OHLC, than it doesn't matter whether it's daily, 5,10,35 or 1123 minutes...
I wasn't suggesting changing the TF. Looking at two charts, one using EOD data and the other using live data. Would there be any difference to the values of the indicators?

Old Aug 11, 2009, 5:11pm   #6
Joined Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossini View Post
I wasn't suggesting changing the TF. Looking at two charts, one using EOD data and the other using live data. Would there be any difference to the values of the indicators?
what's a chart with live data? the only change is the last bar/candle...
so that doesn't change the indicators, cause the last bar never affects the indicator on the same day. especially MAs and such...
amnonco is offline   Reply With Quote