Is there an account/trade size limit??

This is a discussion on Is there an account/trade size limit?? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi all, This is just something that entered my head last night as i lay there thinking about trading (i ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:17pm   #1
Joined Jan 2009
Is there an account/trade size limit??

Hi all,

This is just something that entered my head last night as i lay there thinking about trading (i do that a lot!!) and i said i'd put it to you guys. is there an upper limit that a spreadbetting firm will allow you to have in your account? currently im with IG Index and unfortunatley i have no such problems with upper limits ect because i'm just not that good....yet!!
what i mean is lets say over time you consistently built up your account and therefore the amount that you were able to risk per trade, lets assume your account hit £100,000 and trading with 5% of your account per trade you'd be placing £5000 per trade, would a normal firm accomadate this or what is one supposed to do if they are good enough to build their account up to these kind of levels?
ton22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:21pm   #2

Joined Apr 2009
i read in the paper that one of alan sugars interview guys for the apprentice put a spreadbet on and lost 100s of millions of pounds, so it must have been huge £ per point.
squall321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:23pm   #3

Joined Aug 2008
When I was spreadbetting with interactive investor they had an upper limit of £2000 per point.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:24pm   #4
Joined Jan 2009
ton22 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud321 View Post
i read in the paper that one of alan sugars interview guys for the apprentice put a spreadbet on and lost 100s of millions of pounds, so it must have been huge £ per point.
Wow! so maybe it is possible, like i said its not something thats bothering me right now, just something i was thinking about.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:26pm   #5
Joined Jan 2009
ton22 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by megamuel View Post
When I was spreadbetting with interactive investor they had an upper limit of £2000 per point.
ok so there is such a thing as an upper limit so, thats interesting. i wonder what do all these big shots and super traders that you often hear about do when their account reaches such a size??
Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:27pm   #6
Joined May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ton22 View Post
ok so there is such a thing as an upper limit so, thats interesting. i wonder what do all these big shots and super traders that you often hear about do when their account reaches such a size??
open several accounts?
Technically Fundamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2009, 5:27pm   #7

Joined Aug 2008
Dma