Is this the top?

This is a discussion on Is this the top? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; The Times: A leading economics think-tank released upbeat estimates for GDP growth in April and May and declared the end ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:20am   #1

Joined Oct 2007
Is this the top?

The Times: A leading economics think-tank released upbeat estimates for GDP growth in April and May and declared the end of the recession in Britain.
Britain is heading out of recession, says influential think-tank NIESR - Times Online

Media calling an end to the bad news, must be getting near time to go short!

No need for a course http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...tml#post707344

Simple cable system http://simpledibs.blogspot.com/ http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trad...side-bars.html
foredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Rossini
Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:59am   #2

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by foredog View Post
The Times: A leading economics think-tank released upbeat estimates for GDP growth in April and May and declared the end of the recession in Britain.
Britain is heading out of recession, says influential think-tank NIESR - Times Online

Media calling an end to the bad news, must be getting near time to go short!
I would have to agree, it is all political spin and ramping.

I can't figure out how the recession can be over when I read articles like this:

'Enormous' rise in debt problemsÂ*-Â*Dealing with debt on MSN Money UK

I actually think the recession has barely begun.

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Rossini , Hoggums
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:03am   #3
tar

Joined Nov 2006
earnings , earnings ..
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:15am   #4
Joined Feb 2007
'Martin Weale, the institute’s director, said he believed that the recession was now over “as far as I can tell”. '

Oh really.....

A quick look at the FTSE 4hr shows that 4500 has been tested 5 times already. Looks like a key battleground.

I am of the opinion that the more a level gets tested, the more likely it is to fall. Patiently watching....

"A woman is a lot like a refrigerator. 6 feet tall, 300 pounds ... it makes ice."
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"
"How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."
- Homer Simpson
rags2riches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:28am   #5
Joined Feb 2008
yes, it's all about the technical level.....fck the macro picture.

seriosuly do you believe that crap?
gooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:39am   #6

Joined Dec 2008
The number of FTSE100 constituent stocks that have been moving from stronger to weaker compared to the index has been gradually increasing over the last 4 weeks. There are only 34 stocks that are still showing any sign of strength at the moment. The majority are pulling the index down. It will only take about 3-4 more and I reckon that will trigger the trend southbound for the forseable future.
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:43am   #7

Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by foredog View Post
What they also failed to mention was that these were the members of the thinktank

Click the image to open in full size.
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 8:47am   #8
Joined Feb 2008
Yes I noticed that everyone thinks that house prices have hit bottom as well, normally the downturn in house prices lasts a bit longer, but I suppose the BoE could have got the stimulus exactly right... we will see.

But you are right Foredog, it seems everyone, has changed from doom and gloom to prosperity for all
gfrost is offline   Reply With Quote