Trading magazines

This is a discussion on Trading magazines within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; perhaps you should keep the guys name email etc off the forum? some people do like to keep their identity ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:04pm   #9
 
N Rothschild's Avatar
Joined Oct 2008
N Rothschild started this thread perhaps you should keep the guys name email etc off the forum? some people do like to keep their identity anonymous on the net you know....
__________________
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:10pm   #10
 
oiltanker's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
if that public debate of a customer's problem is an example of the public relations and customer service then i'll be giving it a miss.
oiltanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: N Rothschild
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:32pm   #11
 
arabianights's Avatar
Joined Jan 2007
cider,

Posting priviliged email correspondance, especially when it appears your operation was in the wrong, and at worst all cryten did is say **** (**** you all veritas. see? sticks and stones!) is thuggery and blackmail.

Best regards
__________________
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 8:19am   #12
Joined May 2007
So how is Traders Magazine? The link only takes you to a place to receive free copies without having a chance to look at what they include. Anyone have any comments of this or other magazines? I quite like the look of Active Trader from the website and the sample copies.

Last edited by Shanghai; Jan 29, 2009 at 8:27am.
Shanghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 12:08pm   #13
 
Directional's Avatar
Joined Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghai View Post
So how is Traders Magazine? The link only takes you to a place to receive free copies without having a chance to look at what they include.
errm, well, most paper-based magazines require you to have a copy of the mag in your hands in order to look inside.

If they gave out everything for free on the tinternet, no-one would need to buy it then would they? Although, since you can get three months for free, you dont have much to lose by checking it out do you.

Traders mag is actually rather good as a niche mag. They occasionally run some vendor-puff-pieces but that aside its not bad at all. Trader Monthly also worth reading for the occasional decent article if you can sift through all the overblown luxury advertising, though hopefully the downturn will mean less ads cramming their pages.
__________________
Directory of Prop Trading Firms here.

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:25pm   #14
Joined May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitrageur View Post
errm, well, most paper-based magazines require you to have a copy of the mag in your hands in order to look inside.

If they gave out everything for free on the tinternet, no-one would need to buy it then would they? Although, since you can get three months for free, you dont have much to lose by checking it out do you.

Traders mag is actually rather good as a niche mag. They occasionally run some vendor-puff-pieces but that aside its not bad at all. Trader Monthly also worth reading for the occasional decent article if you can sift through all the overblown luxury advertising, though hopefully the downturn will mean less ads cramming their pages.
Thanks for the info. I have to say though that there was a world of difference between the Traders Magazine link and the Active Trader Link for example. The Traders Magazine link doesn't give any information at all. It does give the offer of 3 months free magazines of course but requires you to sign up for various material from them first.

The Active Trader link in contrast gives a contents list from its latest isssue, has a nice website, and also lets you download some previous issues. I can pretty much judge that Active Trader has some good stuff. Traders mag however is a bit of a gamble. A UK bias would be nice but its a bit of a shot in the dark.
Shanghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:28pm   #15
 
oiltanker's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
>>Traders mag however is a bit of a gamble.<<

i did the free trial. no gamble at all. its ok as a mag.
oiltanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:34pm   #16
Joined May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiltanker View Post
>>Traders mag however is a bit of a gamble.<<

i did the free trial. no gamble at all. its ok as a mag.
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I think I will give it a trial then.
Shanghai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Online magazines alexander Educational Resources 1 Apr 16, 2005 11:24pm
Trading Magazines MajorD Educational Resources 1 Dec 9, 2004 10:10pm
Which Trading Magazines Do You Read? FTSE Beater Educational Resources 3 Nov 5, 2003 10:32am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)