What are the best sites offering demo accounts to practice on?

This is a discussion on What are the best sites offering demo accounts to practice on? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; www.infintyfutures.com want $5000 i think to start trading the Nasdaq e-mini's.....I recently opened a demo account with them and sierra ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 9, 2009, 3:15pm   #25
Joined Apr 2009
www.infintyfutures.com want $5000 i think to start trading the Nasdaq e-mini's.....I recently opened a demo account with them and sierra charts and the seem really helpful although I am going to demo FX to start as seems a little more straightforward and less risk! Even if it is demo i want a realistic transition in both exchange and value when I start trading cash! Let me know if you need contact details and I will dig them out as the guy a spoke with was really helpful?!
Jasonw999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 11:56am   #26
Joined Oct 2008
For demo accounts there are so many brokers like Oanda, Alpari, Fx pro, AvaFX, Etoro and so on.
jeffsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 6:31pm   #27
Joined Apr 2009
Anyone know of a demo account that runs the MT4 platform and gives access to indexes (DJI,FTSE etc..), shares as well as Forex ?
I've got a demo account with Alpari, but this only has forex.
Seems like Northfinance was the "daddy" of all demo accounts (as recommended by many on this forum), but they have closed the door on new sign-ups for demos.
upbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 9:28pm   #28
Joined Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by upbeat View Post
Anyone know of a demo account that runs the MT4 platform and gives access to indexes (DJI,FTSE etc..), shares as well as Forex ?
I've got a demo account with Alpari, but this only has forex.
Seems like Northfinance was the "daddy" of all demo accounts (as recommended by many on this forum), but they have closed the door on new sign-ups for demos.
Try fxpro.com. They are based in Europe. I don't use them so I'm not recommending them, but they do apprear to offer what you need.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2009, 9:46pm   #29

Joined May 2007
You could try Forex Trading, Broker and Software provider for FX, CFD's, Gold, Silver Futres & Options Trading| ODL Markets Ltd you can get indices as well as forex on it. I believe they may do a demo platform for equities if you check the site out but I have no experience of using them for equities myself.

Ken
Tenapenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2009, 11:29am   #30
Joined Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
Try fxpro.com. They are based in Europe. I don't use them so I'm not recommending them, but they do apprear to offer what you need.

Peter
Peter

thanks for the info. it was just what I was after.
FxPro seem to offer all the markets in their demo and the account has no time limit on it.
upbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2009, 3:17am   #31

5 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
you can use vse.marketwatch.com
many people use this for paper trading. you can just sign up and join someone's game. there's rankings too so you can see how you perform amongst others.
i used it before. the only problem i would say is that the transactions are delayed 20 minutes...but better than nothing i guess
itsbearabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 3:34pm   #32

Joined Dec 2008
We offer free demos for all offered platforms.

X_TRADER, QST, Strategy Runner, and Ninja Trader.

Best regards,