Best TIme to trade

This is a discussion on Best TIme to trade within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi Can anyone please tell me .. what is the best time (London/Ny Time or any timezone) to trade following ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:14pm   #1
Joined Mar 2008
Best TIme to trade

Hi
Can anyone please tell me .. what is the best time (London/Ny Time or any timezone) to trade following pairs

GBP/JPY
EUR/JPY
GBP/USD
EUR/USD

Thanks
sillykiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:51pm   #2

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillykiddo View Post
Hi
Can anyone please tell me .. what is the best time (London/Ny Time or any timezone) to trade following pairs

GBP/JPY
EUR/JPY
GBP/USD
EUR/USD

Thanks
I don't trade it, but Cable always looks good at 7am ~ 10am. (London/GMT)

I always have it on a side screen. Looks mad to me !!

One day......
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:52pm   #3

Joined Sep 2003
European mornings are good for everything as are US mornings if there isn't a news shock that disrupts any trends (unless you like news of course).
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 12:53pm   #4
Joined Dec 2004
You can trade any of those pairs basically any time of day. The NY/London overlap is always going to be the highest volume and action period, and the NY afternoon generally the quietest, but those are pairs readily traded around the clock.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 5:24pm   #5
Joined Aug 2003
I find the european session between 7 and 10 is generally good if there are no news announcements
generally if you are up at 6 digest the information from the Asian session, you should make 25-30 points by 9 a.m and have the rest of the day off.
gamma is offline   Reply With Quote