Useful things I've found on the Net.

This is a discussion on Useful things I've found on the Net. within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Some traders, in interviews or articles, would say things like, "our system only produces a 40% win percentage, but the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 4, 2008, 1:22pm   #25

Joined Jan 2006
Thumbs up Re: Useful things I've found on the Net.

Quote:
Some traders, in interviews or articles, would say things like, "our system only produces a 40% win percentage, but the winning trades more than make up for the losers". To me, that type of trading was absurd. I, and most normal people, would not want to endure 60% loss percentage. (A coin toss is 50%!).

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:21pm   #26

Joined Sep 2003
nine started this thread Another useful strategy (or at least the basis for a strategy) is the Retro Trader strategy described on dacharts.

Retro-Trader (updated October, 2001)
15m breakout system for day trading the Nasdaq and S&P index futures
Strengths: Good at maximizing results on intraday trends, survives well while jockeying for position for the next big move. Uses 2 time frames (5 minute and 15 minute) to filter out bad trades and get early warning of trend changes.
Weaknesses: Mediocre results on narrow range days, unprofitable during chop. Stop-loss placement is too wide for many traders. Frequency of trade opportunities is too slow for efficient learning in realtime. A system that provides freqent small gains is more satisfying for most people.
Intensity: average of 10 trades per day. Requires looking at the chart only every 5 minutes.
Resources: Charts and trade logs from Fall, 2001, are maintained for historical interest and independent study.

Retro Trader Strategy
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:04pm   #27

Joined Sep 2003
News

nine started this thread So where do you get your news information? I use the 3 sites below and I have only one reason to know when the "big" news is coming - to stay out of the market. That's my personal recommendation for news trading but each to his own poison.

Translated version of http://www.derivatecheck.de/termine/default.asp

is a translation of the German derivate check site and provide importance ratings and good commentary with at times bizarre translations

Forexnews.com

sometimes has slightly different information to derivate check

Forex Forum, Forex Calendar, Forex News @ Forex Factory

is recommended for the filtered news calendar (decide which markets matter to you) and the coloured ratings rather than the (overly indicator/newbie orientated) discussions. James16 is interesting and similar to the making money thread here and Jacko's strategy for the euro is a good one for currencies.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 3:20am   #28
Joined Feb 2008
Grrrr im trapped between stage 2 and 3 due to 2 things...

i have not enough money to even have a decent capital (have only 115 left in bank or on creditcard taht i can lose without seriously actually having no food!!!)

And 2ndly i dont even understand all that technical stuff aboy emas, and mas and all the complexs lines..

I just use my basic constantly updating graph on tradesimulator.com and the trend line..
spanish89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2008, 5:43am   #29

Joined Sep 2003
nine started this thread Get a copy of Stan Weinstein's Secrets For Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets by Stan as a starting point. You can probably get one from the local library.

Edit: Stan's stuff is about mas but also about how stocks are accumulated and distributed ... and the interesting and profitable phases in between. You'll find that what dbPhoenix talks about here at T2W will then get you to the next level. Get it all together and I assure you that you can be as profitable as you want to be.

Last edited by nine; Mar 8, 2008 at 12:12pm.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:28am   #30
Joined Aug 2005
The Clue is in the Title

The clue is in the Title “Trade to Win”
86,264 Members If I had a pound for ever bit of Bull **** Advice I read I would be a Very Rich Man, or the Hot Air could run the 25 million cars in the country keeping the Tree Huggers Happy.

This maybe a new Concept why don’t people put their money where their mouth is.

This is my Advise STOP with the Misguided Opinions and get back to Proving that money can be made from the clue in the Title T2W. Let’s start dealing in FACTS and I’m sure we will LEARN from each other systems BACK TO BASICS This is my Trade lets see more people put their trades on with their advise Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
ftse-100-daily-06-mar-08-.png  
Pete007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2008, 10:46am   #31
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete007 View Post
The clue is in the Title

This is my Trade lets see more people put their trades on with their advise Thank you
Pete,
The clue is indeed in the title . . . of the thread: 'Useful things I've found on the Net'. nine has clearly gone to a lot of trouble to sift through the mountains of useless advice on the net to collate and post information that he believes is amongst the best that he's found. He's done a good job IMO, and that of others too, given the number of rep' points he's received. By contrast, your post / chart tells us nothing other than the fact that you made thirty quid on a punt on the FTSE which isn't especially helpful or informative to me - or anyone else.
Tim.
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:09am   #32

Joined May 2003
I was about to delete pete007's post before I saw timsk's response, but I will leave it for a while since that response is absolutely spot on and serves as a timely reminder.

Please keep this thread on topic. Thanks.

jon
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: 0007 , nkruger