Hedge Fund Opportunity

This is a discussion on Hedge Fund Opportunity within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by phoenixcapital I have come onto this forum in good faith with a genuine business opportunity. Phoenixcapital - ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:30am   #41
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixcapital View Post
I have come onto this forum in good faith with a genuine business opportunity.
Phoenixcapital - that's the issue - I think the advice you are getting here is that whilst you may think that, no-one else does - so perhaps it is worth re-thining your plan/numbers etc. I just don't see what you have to offer as a business opportunity. Sorry.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:33pm   #42
Joined Jun 2006
Phoenix,

If I've belittled and patronised, I apologise - it was certainly not my intention to cause offence. However, the points I've made are valid - I've done everything you are proposing, that's why have some knowledge.

Grant.
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:36pm   #43
Joined Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwreck View Post
Phoenixcapital - that's the issue - I think the advice you are getting here is that whilst you may think that, no-one else does - so perhaps it is worth re-thining your plan/numbers etc. I just don't see what you have to offer as a business opportunity. Sorry.
He does offer a great business opportunity IF he can produce the returns. And 'IF' is the key that everyone here is concentrating on, and it will be the key for anyone else when they look at the business plan.

In fact there are two 'ifs' the first is - can the money be raised, and then - can the returns be generated.

Again, it's all possible but very very hard.

Good luck anyway.
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:36pm   #44
Joined Aug 2003
In fact there are two 'ifs' the first is - can the money be raised, and then - can the returns be generated.
Well before any money can be raised a track record has to be produced by phoencapital. No one in his or her right mind would volunteer a penny without a track record.
And he still has not shown us anything remotely like that
All he has indicated so far is perhaps he is a good administrator

Last edited by gamma; Feb 21, 2008 at 4:16pm. Reason: grammer
gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 6:56pm   #45
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by anley View Post
He does offer a great business opportunity IF he can produce the returns.
Sorry - I think its a bit more fundamental than that. A quick visit to the website will reveal that the narrative pretty much breaches every relevant FSA rule, you just can't say those sort of things - its just naive and really quite dangerous and very surprising coming from someone who has as much experience in the industry as we are led to believe.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:01pm   #46
BSD

Joined Feb 2006
Baldwreck, if that's the case then it's good that you point that out, but in all fairness I do think you should give some concrete examples where according to you PC is breaching FSA regulations ?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:22pm   #47
Joined Jun 2006
Strictly speaking, track records are not Phoenix's domain - these would be the fund managers/traders.

Grant.
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 8:48am   #48
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSD View Post
Baldwreck, if that's the case then it's good that you point that out, but in all fairness I do think you should give some concrete examples where according to you PC is breaching FSA regulations ?
Fair enough - here is the exact wording from the website

Strategy

Strategically our aim is generate excessive returns on our Hedge Funds. We aim to achieve this by taking a fundamentally different approach to standard Hedge Fund dynamics. We are marketing a series of Hedge Fund products that will employ the most leading edge derivative techniques and constantly adapt to scientific advances.

Each fund will outperform conventional market benchmarks because each one will exhibit a derivative class that provides minimum correlation, and maximum risk aversion. Each of our Hedge Funds will utilise a leverage capability enabling outperformance in both a rising and falling market.

Our fundamental objective is to provide our Investors with a guaranteed consistent return that they cannot achieve elsewhere. We have the knowledge and the technology to achieve this objective. High powered leading edge mathematics will drive our investment returns to the efficient frontier. A point which other Hedge Fund Management companies have found difficult to achieve.

The Funds shall be active and versatile. They will be driven by our Derivative Traders whose knowledge and understanding of their product area is second to none. Our Quantitative Analysts will continually provide investment models that will remain cutting edge. These mathematical models will enable us to deliver unparalled fund performance.

Anyone claiming "excessive returns" - "guaranteed consistent return" "unparalled fund performance" etc etc is simply way off limits. There are no risk warnings - I could go on but I think enough said.