Hedge Fund Opportunity

This is a discussion on Hedge Fund Opportunity within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Anley, Do you think anyone prepares projections which at the end of 5 years, for example, they envisage 5m in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:13pm   #36
Joined Jun 2006
Anley,

Do you think anyone prepares projections which at the end of 5 years, for example, they envisage 5m in debts, plummeting annual sales (from the first year on), and facing a prison sentence for tax evasion, VAT fraud, bribery, and murder of competitors and insider trading? Wonder what the interest rate would be on that loan. Would that invoke a ccj? Might be a bit awkward getting a mortgage after that.

Grant.
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:19pm   #37
Joined Jun 2006
Phoenix,

Don't despair. One possibility is to put up say 25% (250,000) of the capital but everything is then split equally. This would show commitment and serious intent. I reckon this would be a good deal for yourself because it will be the traders who will be generating the profits, and you benefit very well from their expertise.

Good luck.

Grant.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 9:37pm   #38
Joined Feb 2008
phoenixcapital started this thread Grantx, If you don't mind me asking......but are you a representative of the FSA? You are making some valid and thought provoking suggestions, but I can't help but think that you have ulterior motives. I have come onto this forum in good faith with a genuine business opportunity. If you wish to belittle and patronise, then that's your prerogative. Being a more senior member of this forum, I would have thought that you would exercise a little more caution in what you say. Maybe I should have presented my ideas elsewhere.

Last edited by phoenixcapital; Feb 20, 2008 at 9:46pm.
phoenixcapital is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:25am   #39
Joined Dec 2003
Phoenix

I just think he and others are trying to be realistic. Everyone and his aunt (or at least wanted to 1-2 years back when they were really in fashion) wanted to set up a hedge fund. But saying this or that and talking about this potential or that potential is easy but in reality it's cold hard facts that win and cold hard facts = track record (over time) that can be auditied.

Can you achieve your goal, of course anything is possible but it's going to be very very hard especially as 2008 will prove (by the performance figures they all report) that hedge funds as investments vehicles return pretty dismal figures in relation to what they promised or everyone thought. Always expections to the rules but not many.

Good luck anyway, and as someone once said 'don't let the buggers get you down'.

Last edited by anley; Feb 21, 2008 at 9:27am.
anley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:34am   #40
Joined Aug 2003
"Maybe I should have presented my ideas elsewhere"

Dragon's Den perhaps?
gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 9:30am   #41
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixcapital View Post
I have come onto this forum in good faith with a genuine business opportunity.
Phoenixcapital - that's the issue - I think the advice you are getting here is that whilst you may think that, no-one else does - so perhaps it is worth re-thining your plan/numbers etc. I just don't see what you have to offer as a business opportunity. Sorry.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:33pm   #42
Joined Jun 2006
Phoenix,

If I've belittled and patronised, I apologise - it was certainly not my intention to cause offence. However, the points I've made are valid - I've done everything you are proposing, that's why have some knowledge.

Grant.