Hedge Fund Opportunity

This is a discussion on Hedge Fund Opportunity within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Baldwreck is right, PheonixCapital does require a disclaimer on the website. He is solicting interest with the "intention" (key legal ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:45am   #51

7 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Baldwreck is right, PheonixCapital does require a disclaimer on the website. He is solicting interest with the "intention" (key legal point) of capital raising for a Capital Management firm. The site briefly taps on the type of strategies available (although very very basic, it still risks the attraction from the uneducated retail sector). Even the registration part of the website requires a section on "Investment required".

My ex-girlfriend is a compliance officer at one of the tier 1 banks, out of curiousity I had her flick over it ;-)
Choicey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:54am   #52
BSD

Joined Feb 2006
Thanks for explaining your position Baldwreck.

Really pretty complicated all these regulations, lotsa work for lawyers eh.

But then we have Grant here who knows his way round these things very well if one of us wants to go down that route.

Btw, I think that what Phoenix has on offer is pretty valuable, ie the connections to come up with a hundred mill.

He just comes with a pretty expensive price tag from the viewpoint of the trader, ie 75% of ownership for him...

But then again, if this is all above board it would still be a pretty good opportunity for someone talented starting out but without a lot of money at this stage, I mean what options do they have, find a backer, or go join a prop shop, a trading arcade where they get backed too and spend several years building up their stake, or, thirdly, accelerating things up and adding some serious leverage to their career and fortune building by joining a hedge fund where they have an ownership stake.

Hmm.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:27pm   #53
Joined Jun 2006
Baldwreck,

I haven't seen the website. Have you got a link, please?

Grant.
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:29pm   #54

7 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Phoenix Capital
Choicey123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:18pm   #55
Joined Feb 2008
phoenixcapital started this thread Destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice.
phoenixcapital is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: BSD
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:27pm   #56
BSD

Joined Feb 2006
That is definitely true Phoenix !
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:00pm   #57
Joined Aug 2003
I don't want to sound rude, but the website looks quite amateurish. Also the prospectus submission does not work correctly.
DowJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2008, 1:13am   #58
TWI

Joined Jan 2004
There are many hedgefunds that have no website at all.
Fact is, those who do not try get nowhere.
If you have the contacts to raise the capital and can attract the people to show you are respectable reward vs. risk then the setup is the biggest headache in this country, much easier in USA. I know a chap who started with 5m 5 years ago and now has 1bln fum with a av. 10% net p.a.. I have had fund of fund guys turn up for meetings and ask me what they should do with hundreds of millions they are unable to place. Money is out there if you have the structure in place and can convince these people you are a good bet.
Thanks! The following members like this post: BSD
Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:57am   #59
Joined Jun 2006
Dow Jones,

I think the web site is pretty good. Content may not be perfect but given there are no traders at present everything may be regarded preliminary to be improved/revised as and when.

Grant
grantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2008, 7:40pm   #60
Joined Nov 2007
so come on out of all of you be honest whos already applied to phoenix capital for a trading position lol
crude_lover is offline   Reply With Quote